Gaming Goals for 2023

First goal done. I don’t think I controlled my purchases this year. Whoops. I am pretty happy with this though. My 10x5 Challenge went very well and get to appreciate the games that I already have.

9 Likes

Well… I played neither BotC nor Sidereal. In general my gaming was very very reduced this year. If not for my friend I play with on BGA and solo-ing I would probably have forgotten what games even are… I blame the renovations. And in December Advent of Code :wink:

• I did play some games with friends
  • My unplayed games remain at about the same number: 38 by last count. At least half of which were on there at the start of the year. I need to consider getting rid of some of those I guess? Or decide they are collector‘s items.
  • I did not complete my solo 10x10 but I got to 89/100 which is fine by me. (Missing a few games of Ark Nova, Food Chain Island and 51st State)
  • I backed fewer crowdfunding campaigns. My backlog is down from 45 to 20 open crowdfunding campaigns. I haven‘t backed anything at all in a couple of months.
  • I didn‘t buy any games from Advent calendars this year. My buying for the year has slowed but not stopped. I need to sell a bunch of games at the start of 2024.
  • My collection size (as I count which includes preorders but discounts games marked for sale or as collector‘s items I can‘t get rid of for some reason or other but won‘t play) remains at a high 255. But as it fits my shelves… it‘s okay.
5 Likes

All of our games do now fit on our shelves :partying_face:

7 Likes

Didn’t make a 10×10 (unless I play two games of Xia today!) but did have a great gaming year.

“Get at least one of my vaguely boardgamey projects to a state where it’s actually usable.”….er, no.

5 Likes

Fun fact: I played 56 different games this year.
56 also happens to be the exact number of times I played Star Wars the Deckbuilding Game this year. I am tempted to try to keep this ratio, so if my wife and I play it today, I will need to try to get an unplayed-this-year game to the table when our friends are over.

16 of these were off the shelf of shame, so that was good and met my goal of trying to get at least one new game to the table per month. Too bad a lot of them were bought this same year! So yeah, the buying fewer games didn’t really happen, as per usual.

All told, I played 276 games this year so far, with a couple more guaranteed today (and one in progress on BGA), which is pretty good, IMO. Even if it isn’t as good as the 308 from the previous year, but I went to SHUX that year, so played a lot there.

Didn’t get rid of any games, though I do have some set aside to be sold. I just need to list them somewhere, as the values selling to my FLGS were laughably low. So I did not meet that goal either.

7 Likes