Fury of Dracula PBF

I could use the experience playing a hunter. How about Van Helsing?

First come, first served. Van Helsing it is!

Dracula, Godalming, Seward, and Mina remain, with two players preferring hunters and one willing to play anything. @RogerBW, any opinion on who you play?

1 Like

Iā€™d prefer to play Dracula if given the choice.

1 Like

Fine by me. Thou shalt be the bloodsucking fiend!

1 Like

To speed this up, can I play as Dr John Seward?

Sure, though remember I was intending to start the game after the holidays. If I get all the graphics before then, though, I can start sooner.

1 Like

Excellent. I will do everything possible to uphold the integrity of Stokerā€™s creation.

5 Likes

Exceptional avatar! When the game is underway, I feel I should do the same. Perhaps this image is best for the good Doctor - or if things goes badly, how I might end up playing him?

2 Likes

No preference, will take whatever Iā€™m given.

1 Like

@COMaestro asked for a die roll:
Okay, coin flip. 1 you are Godalming, 2 you are Mina. @Whistle_Pig will get the other.

d2: 2

1 Like

@Whistle_Pig is Godalming
@RogerBW is Mina

I rewatched the How to Play video. One thing I noticed that was wrong is regarding train movement. You are allowed to move UP TO the number printed on the ticket, you do NOT have to move the full amount. Otherwise, it was a pretty good summary of the rules. And I am happy to answer any questions or clarify anything that people are finding confusing.

1 Like

Do our heroes have default starting locations?

Depends on whether we are playing the Advanced Game:

1. Place Hunters: Each hunter places his or her ļ¬gure on a
    city on the board. Lord Godalming is placed in Constanta
    (A), Dr. John Seward is placed in Marseilles (B), Mina
    Harker is placed in Brussels (C), and Van Helsing is placed
    in Amsterdam (D). When playing the advanced game,
    each hunter chooses their own starting city (see ā€œAdvanced
    Game Setupā€ on page 2 in the Rules Reference).

Unless there are objections, I intend to use most of the advanced rules. Players will choose their starting locations, Dracula will have his power cards, and Lairs are allowed. However, I think I donā€™t want to include rumor tokens, as an early vampire maturation with one can be really demoralizing for the hunters.

That said, I am willing to consider arguments for or against anything above.

1 Like

Iā€™ve got to actually read the rule book? Fair enough

1 Like

I am happy to do a rules explanation.

I know @gmwhite99 has not played 3rd or 4th editions. Anyone else not played these at all?

TTBOMK 3rd once.

Digital version. Powers I get, lairs I understand but donā€™t really see their point.

I had to look up what this meant.

Iā€™ll probably be fine just reading the rule book, assuming I can find the 4th edition one as the 3rd edition one is on BGG I think. A lot of it is much the same as 1st edition but combat seems slightly different. (Note to self: must remember that stakes no longer instantly kill Dracula!) Some of the other mechanics seem similar to other games I know too, like encounters maturing seeming a bit like how the Legendary games handle that.