Forgotten Futures: Moody & Grey: The Haunting of Nellie Melba

A return to the Edwardian Age, with some new characters and a different kind of investigation.

Session 00 - Why Do We Always Have a Character Called John?:

Session 01 - Secluded Ladder: We do our best to offend everybody, but in spite of our success we stumble over what may be a Sinister Plot. Or a public utility.

Session 02 - The Dance of the Seven Bodices: Further investigation, and desperate plot-evasion, leads to an embarrassing interview (especially for the GM).

Session 03 - The Tagliatelle Lectures: It’s 1910. Health and Safety is just an industrialist’s bad dream after eating too much cheese. So why is this office so lacking in lethal things?

Session 04 - A Public Health Crisis: We start to look further into Johnny Martian (disclaimer, may not actually be a Martian), and unearth some disturbing possibilities.

Session 05 - Tickling Him With Wires: Our research bears fruit. Strange, disturbing fruit. Fortunately we have an infeasibly large revolver.

Session 06 - Strap Him On and Keep Going: We know what to do (ish). We know where to do it (more ish). Now we just have to get there (very ish indeed).

6 Likes

This sounds like a fun setup.

Having played many games on Hangouts, I’ve almost learned to be philosophical about the temperamental tech. Almost.

Hangouts works better than appear.in (which we found fine with two, not great with three); Skype is horrible spyware and has issues with Linux; roll20 has vast amounts of features we’d never use.

1 Like

Yeah, I gave up on Skype quite quickly because it wouldn’t play with Linux.

Session 01 - Secluded Ladder: We do our best to offend everybody, but in spite of our success we stumble over what may be a Sinister Plot. Or a public utility.

2 Likes

For those who are arriving fashionably late to the party, the splendid Forgotten Futures RPG and a wealth of supplementary material can be found here.

3 Likes

Another session coming up this evening. Could this be the end?

1 Like

Don’t touch that dial if you want to live.

Marginally relevant to last night’s session: Humber produced motorcars in the late 1890s, with their first conventional four-wheeler appearing in 1901.

2 Likes

Session 02 - The Dance of the Seven Bodices: Further investigation, and desperate plot-evasion, leads to an embarrassing interview (especially for the GM).

2 Likes

For Carl Hiaasen novels I recommend Tourist Season, Skin Tight, Double Whammy and Skinny Dip.

A few years back I was having trouble relaxing on long flights and I bought Skin Tight three times in paperback during layovers because I was nervous about the next flight and knew it was a good read.

2 Likes

Session 03 - The Tagliatelle Lectures: It’s 1910. Health and Safety is just an industrialist’s bad dream after eating too much cheese. So why is this office so lacking in lethal things?

2 Likes

Session 04 - A Public Health Crisis: We start to look further into Johnny Martian (disclaimer, may not actually be a Martian), and unearth some disturbing possibilities.

2 Likes

Session 05 - Tickling Him With Wires: Our research bears fruit. Strange, disturbing fruit. Fortunately we have an infeasibly large revolver.

2 Likes

Session 06 - Strap Him On and Keep Going: We know what to do (ish). We know where to do it (more ish). Now we just have to get there (very ish indeed).

2 Likes

That was a ton of fun! Thank you all.

2 Likes

In progress: I’m currently assembling the second Moody & Grey scenario, A Fall from Grace. Just putting some flesh on the bones :wink:

4 Likes

Being me, my immediate thought is the life-saving airship Grace Darling.

Get%20Used%20To%20Disappointment_zpszndlle0t

1 Like

May I’m say I’m totally jazzed for this? Am I using the vernacular correctly? I’m well jazzed, innit though.

Always happy for more FF, and the title is intriguing. Let’s hope it refers to a man falling off his horse called Grace and breaking his bottom bone, preventing oppression for several weeks and forcing him to concede the equality of women in all tasks. He can shove his side saddle up his arse.

3 Likes