Forgotten Futures: Moody & Grey: Hard Times

We return to the Investigators of the Ab-Natural, confronted with… unexpected archaeology?

Session 01 - A Couple of Cranks: A new investigation begins with a pair of missing delivery boys.

Session 02 - Putting the Pieces Together: We have some disturbing theories about what happened. Who made it happen is something that continues to elude us.

Session 03 - Library Use in a Threatening Manner: We’re sure we know what’s going on now. And we’re almost right.

4 Likes

Not to be confused with the popular cooking show that demonstrates which spices are best suited for seasoning venison.

Y’know, Hart Thymes.

1 Like

Or the Journal of the Society for Arrhythmia Studies, Heart Times.

(Welcome, BTW. Looks as if you’ll fit right in.)

1 Like

After those comments about: “We’ve found your son, what will you pay to get him back?”, it’s beginning to sound like Moody & Grey might be turning into Black & Mail.

I was once in a SLA Industries game where we realised that:

A: we knew who’d dunnit.
B: we had no actual usable evidence against them.
C: we had all the skills and contacts we needed to manufacture said evidence.

With that investigation under our belts, we set up as a more direct sort of private investigator: you tell us who you want to have dunnit, and we’ll prove it.

1 Like

Of course, if you named your company/team something along the lines of Frame-Jobs-'R-Us, you’d no doubt have ended up getting constant calls from little old ladies, who wanted you to re-frame their photos.

Also: If M&G’s contracts and terms of service are written on the bottom of their tea cups and saucers and suchlike, as part of they cunning plan to get people to agree to the TOS by drinking their tea… Does this mean that M&G employs a TOS-pot?

No, I think they’re all tea-total.

The players in my Mage campaign were talking about doing that to one of the Progenitors whose schemes they’re opposing. That led to a discussion of necrophilia lasting a quarter hour or so. . . .

Well, to be fair, the World(s)/Chronicles of Darkness do muddy the waters on necrophilia quite a bit

Session 02 - Putting the Pieces Together: We have some disturbing theories about what happened. Who made it happen is something that continues to elude us.

2 Likes

It actually made me feel unexpectedly at home; my players in San Diego used to talk like that all the time.

1 Like

Good gracious! Lordo’s character is quite the feminist speed demon, isn’t she? What with all her driving around, and talking about driving, and thinking about driving…
If she ever gets a chance to fly an aero-plane, she’ll become a true Suffra-Jet!

(Feel free to imagine this entire comment spoken in the voice of Mr. Anemone, especially the bit about aeroplanes.)

Well, now, the Coandă-1910 will be available in, er, 1910, and that may be the first jet-like aircraft (though everyone except Coandă claimed it was incapable of flight). We just have to survive that long.

1 Like

Masturbating in the shower, while having an apple hit you on the head? Is that a vegetarian variation on the concept known as “carnal pleasures”?

(I suppose that the British must have been so upset that a certain specific sexual activity had become known as “tea-bagging”, they tried to rebrand it as “scalp-fruiting”.)

Following the M&G example, necrophilia would presumably be known in Britain as “apple core-nography”.

Session 03 - Library Use in a Threatening Manner: We’re sure we know what’s going on now. And we’re almost right.

2 Likes

Cornish witchcraft shop, eh? Instead of books on prestidigitation, they would presumably cater to a niche group of customers with an interest in something called “pasty-digitation”?

3 Likes

‘It crawls into your brain like a granite… Willy!’ might not be a quote that puts the ‘skull’ in ‘sculpture’, but it certainly puts the ‘sculpture’ in ‘skull’!

1 Like

Using gum arabic to re-assemble a head? Would that make it… Gum Cephalic?

1 Like