Episode 117: Extensive Rules On Clothing

This month, Mike and Roger make our usual annual visit to RPG a Day.

We mentioned: Indie Treasure Trove 2022 at the Bundle of Holding (until 5 September), Aisling Bea, Richard Ayoade, Starter sets for D&D, RuneQuest AiG, Call of Cthulhu, Dave Langford, Starter Traveller, Mongoose Traveller, Second edition Doctor Who RPG, Monsterhearts, Monsterhearts 2, the Esoteric Order’s actual-play recording, Ken And Robin, Everway, the advertisements in With the Night Mail, Rolemaster Companion cover by Angus McBride, Heroquest Glorantha cover by Jon Hodgson, Runequest Starter Set cover by Ossi Hiekkala, and Ludonarrative Dissidents.

Here’s our tip jar. (Please email or leave a comment as well; they don’t always tell me when money’s gone in.)

Music by Kevin MacLeod at incompetech.com and other royalty-free sources.

4 Likes

https://wellofdaliath.chaosium.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/02/ISS2007-HeroQuest-Glorantha-Front-Cover-700.jpg returns “Forbidden - 403 nginx” when I click on the link.

I think it was I who first drew RPG-a-day to Roger’s attention.

1 Like

Replaced the image link; thanks.

I don’t recall hearing about RPG-a-day from you, but it’s entirely possible. The communities that I hang around in tend not to talk about it.

I posted my responses to the first RPG-a-day on the SJGames forums and you took part in some of the threads.

You even stepped in to start the thread on the 22nd, which for some reason I missed.

2 Likes

I remember when I had a memory. I think.

2 Likes

You said that already.

(Apologies. I managed to lock this thread in my pocket).

1 Like

Quite a few of us listening on release day. :slightly_smiling_face:

3 Likes

Just to be pedantic: It’s Ash-Ling and Eye-Oh-Ah-Day, Mike. And I recall at least one episode of The IT Crowd in which Ayoade’s character DM’d a D&D session, so yes, he already knows something about RPGs. Though given what he did to poor Krishnan Guru-Murthy in a fit of boredom, I’m not sure I’d want to GM him.

2 Likes

“This Dungeons and Dragons”

“Is it a sex thing?”

“Quite the opposite Jen”

2 Likes

Great to hear Mike wax on his love of RuneQuest once more. Rick Meints gives Mike a name check in his latest Out of the Suitcase blog: https://www.chaosium.com/blogout-of-the-suitcase-33-collecting-and-dealing-with-personal-demons/

PS - I always listen on day of release :grinning:

1 Like

Re the number of sessions in a campaign, ours often go 20-30 or more, but we run combat-heavy GURPS games, which really can eat up the time when you’re using all the crunchy options.

1 Like