Emily Reviews Bamboo

2023-10-05T17:52:46Z

I’m thoroughly enjoying Emily’s video reviews. The pace is breakneck, but with the excellent video editing she makes it work. The camera trickery was genuinely impressive. The juxtaposition of the fantastic production values and the seeming cheapness of the finger-microphone-with-danging-cord is very weird, though… I look forward to the day when that’s no longer a thing.

1 Like

Agreed. Fantastic production values are so overrated. Oh, you meant the microphone …

Great work by Emily again and we need more worm callbacks.

1 Like

The microphone is a tiktok aesthetic choice. Over there some people use small mics on wires as props when they’re really recording on professional mics out of frame. All the cool kids are doing it.

:confused:

Waiter, this explanation is bad; could you bring me another one?

Oh, and was the Bambi joke based on binary digits? i(1) is the inverse of oo(0)?

That was the only thing I could come up with.

I also spent a while thinking about that and came up blank. The joke implies that Bambi is now dead, so maybe there’s some kind of Australian slang term for roadkill mixed up in there?

My interpretation of the joke is that Bambi is a ghost now, like “Bam-boo”, but I’m not sure if that’s right. Great video, though!

3 Likes

I’m sorry, there’s no refunds or trade ins on explanations.

1 Like