Discussion: PBF Roads & Boats "The Valley" 4-player

Also, I’m saying wood here, but do I mean ‘boards’?

1 Like

Yes, boards.

Player aid is up, but looks terrible if you use dark mode. I’ll make a less transparent version when I get a chance.

1 Like

Thanks.

A rules question while I’m posting. Can the sawmill only be used once per turn? For example, if I were to build a second woodcutter and was producing 2 wood per turn, could I put both through the sawmill (assuming I can transport them) and produce 4 boards during secondary production each turn?

See that “max” column on the player aid? Shows how much output is possible in one turn.

Or, more simply: sawmill, coal burner, stone factory, and stock exchange is 6, everything else is 1.

1 Like

Okay. Something to think about :+1:

1 Like

Yes.

1 Like

I took that as a given last turn. We are now on Turn 2.

1 Like

I swear I’m on my “dumber days” today.

To elaborate on this a bit, it is really up to the players to determine when they think playing in order is necessary. Likewise, when it is necessary to call conflict and redetermine player order. I’ll try and prompt where possible, but only you know when you might want to sidle in and take some goods before or after another player moves, or cooperate to move goods faster.

The example on conflict in the rulebook is well worth a look. I just wrote out an example turn with lots of conflict, then realised the rulebook does it better.

Movement, then build. There was no road when Broad moved.

More generally, donkeys only move 2 on roads. You can’t move 1 on road and 1 off-road.

1 Like

I do want to check: @RossM did you know a donkey can build as much as you like in one turn, if the goods are available? If you want to add another road to last turn’s build, it is not too late to do so.

1 Like

Anderson used the stone to build a road.

So he did.

I did not know that! I assumed one road a donkey.

Amending orders.

Now amended!

1 Like

How many boards do I need to build a wonder brick?

1 for 1, 3 for 2, 6 for 3, etc.

1 Like

@Captbnut that last coordinate should be 7-6, right?

Yep, will amend.

Might as well delete the Anderson stone comment too.

Are you skipping the Wonder brick, or waiting to see if anyone calls conflict?