Dice Roller Web/ App

Hi

I’m going to run an online game of Mothership next week. Mothership involves rolling 2d10 a lot, one for tens and one for units.

This is my first time as a GM and I want to make it as smooth as possible. I know there is a D10 that has faces of 00, 10, 20 etc.

Does anyone have a recommendation of an app/ website that will have that type of d10 and a standard d10 that’s going to be easy for me to parse please?

If its tens and units, its called a D100. Most dice rollers should have that

1 Like

This is normally called a percentile, d100 or d% roll. Most dice roller systems will support it, including this one I wrote: Dice roller JS.

3 Likes

Roger’s dice roller is simple and effective. Recommended.

1 Like

Do you want the players to use the die roller?
Do you want the rolls to be publicly available?
Do you want to integrate with a virtual tabletop or similar application?

@RogerBW 's roller is going to be perfect I think.

Am currently going into a Roll20 rabbit hole. It looks great, but I fear it will create TTS esque frustration by me being not great with tech

1 Like

Roll20’s die roller is easiest to use from the chat tab. Commands like “/roll 3d6” and “/roll 2d20” do just what they sound like. For the Mothership rolls you described, it’s just “/roll d100”.

1 Like

For an android app, I have one called “RPG Simple Dice.”

Free, minimal, and perfectly functional.

1 Like

If you just need something basic to throw some tokens on so people know where they are, etc, https://www.owlbear.rodeo/ is great. It will let you import maps and such and add your own token designs if you want.

It has a built-in dice roller too.

3 Likes

Hey there! Sorry for the late reply, but I wanted to share a helpful resource I came across recently. If you’re looking for an app or website with a specific type of d10 for your online game of Mothership, you might want to check out flipsimu.com. It’s an awesome online dice roller that offers various dice types, including the d10 with faces like 00, 10, 20, and so on. It’s super convenient and could make your GMing experience smoother. Give it a shot if you’re still in need of a reliable dice roller. Oh, and by the way, I’m new to this forum. So nice to meet you all! Best of luck with your game, and have a fantastic time playing!

3 Likes