Dexterity/ Party Game recommendation

Null Signal Games, the former “Nisei” who are carrying on Android: Netrunner, recommend:

DriveThruCards in the US
MakePlayingCards elsewhere

but it’s never going to be cheap.

2 Likes

I just looked a little bit harder and 50.8x88.9 mm is, I guess, “Business Card” size, but probably only if you ask US printers.

1 Like

How many cards have you got?

The “official” version is about 100

Looking on MPC, smaller cards are cheaper and as you don’t have to hold them, TTR sized cards aren’t a hassle.

I’m no designer, not sure how changing the sizing would impact the cards.

3.5 x 2 is standard business card size. (There’s an iso size, which doesn’t make any sense, in any measurement system ).

There are (or at least used to be ) sheet fed business card stock, which puts 10 cards on a sheet of 8.5x11 stock, and readily available templates for Word to use them.

There are also digital printers of business cards that can print a different image on the back of each card. A former coworker used one to print cards for a game she’d invented for a training. (Sales material on one side same for every card, game card on the back. )

2 Likes

A kindly soul on Facebook has sold us the Gamewright edition for £13 including postage.

Everything’s coming up Millhouse!

9 Likes

Have just got home from a gaming weekend (will do a full report when one of the loggers reminds me what I played).

Had a first play of Bring Your Own Book with paperbacks left on the Airbnb. Of which the Mills and Boon was the least racy and 2 were 50 Shades esque erotic fiction.

I’m not going to repeat anything that was said, but it was one of the funniest gaming hours I’ve ever had. I’ve pulled my stomach muscles from laughing.

I hope it doesn’t prove to be a never to be repeated, lightning in a bottle experience, but even if it was it was £13 well spent.

7 Likes

Quick question - do you have the SUSD monikers box they did a while back, and if not, would you like it?

3 Likes

Me?

I don’t, I have base monikers but not the SUSD version

2 Likes

I would if no-one else wants it

2 Likes

Already sorted I’m afraid.

2 Likes

No worries

1 Like

Anyone know where I can get a copy of Bring Your Own Book? Looks right up my family’s street

3 Likes

I’ve also been hunting for one locally, with no success.

2 Likes

It’s completely out of stock in the UK.

There are PnP files to download for free off their website, and I think @pillbox has more than that. The rules are free on there as well

I was going to use Make Playing Cards to print my own copy.

My wife asked on some UK Facebook trading sites and someone sold us a copy secondhand.

The prompts aren’t a million miles away from Cards Against Humanity, so you could proxy it from that (or the family friendly version) pretty easily.

2 Likes

Just a note that I had another search and got hits for a www.mattelhote.com which I’m 99% sure is a scam site, so probably don’t try to buy anything from there.

2 Likes