Any experience with t-shirt printing

I’ve had t-shirts printed by an actual print shop before, but I’m now looking at printing and shipping providers, particularly Zazzle and Teespring. Anyone have experience using these as a designer/seller?

(I don’t have Silverlight or anything else Windows-only, but I can put together bitmaps to a target resolution; indeed I’d rather do that in my own software, that I already know, than in some terribly clever on-line editor.)

1 Like

Think Matt lees asked this question on his Twitter last week. Might be able to farm responses?

I don’t have any experience as a designer/seller, but I’ve bought a couple of shirts from someone using Teemill and they’re really nice. UK-based as well.

1 Like

Not as a designer or vendor, nor in fact with printed or embroidered garments at all, but I have had good experiences with a British vendor of personalised (printed and embroidered) workwear and athletic kit: Clothes To Order https://www.clothes2order.com. They stock a wide range including decent brands at reasonable prices, and ship and deliver promptly. Until international shipping fell in a heap I was buying plain clothes there. Their interface for providing designs for print and embroidery looked okay when I looked at it.

They have website with a .au address now. But I don’t see an actual statement that they have an actual production operation here.

My own experience with having shirts printed is outdated (I don’t think the service I used even exists these days), but I will mention that as a buyer I now avoid Spreadshirt. I’ve found that their images fade and wear extremely quickly and the shirts they use are quite thin.

Companies offering Gildan heavyweight shirts seem to fare much better.

@Agemegos - yeah, this is why I was looking at the big outfits. What I basically want to be able to do is say “hey, fans of X, go to Y to order this X-related shirt I’ve designed”, and get something like local production and delivery. C2O doesn’t appear to offer that design-library functionality.