Some prototype components

7 Likes

Right I’m on board the big train.

3 Likes

I like the Grande being on horseback.

3 Likes

RIP to the inappropriate-looking king :pensive:

6 Likes

Minute 24 or so the good doctor says “Tigris & Euphrates should have been republished last year, … and it should come out in Essen this year… but I haven’t seen the graphics yet”

6 Likes

SU&SD prediction!

5 Likes

New anticipation list:

• People Power
  • Nusfjord Big Box - known quantities are always good. So far, my preferred Rosenberg pastoral game.
  • Sol: Last Days of a Star - hopefully this one arrives this year. Always a big fan of SICS-type games
  • Tatsu - reprint of Dr. Jekyll & Mr. Hyde
  • Aegean Sea - another “hopefully this year”
  • Rise & Fall - this is a maybe. Someone backed it in the club so I can just play their copy.
  • Galaxy Cat Extension - when!?
  • Shikoku 1889 - another known quantity. Can’t wait to play this for real instead of online.
  • Terra Pyramides - alas, this K&K is gonna be a “want-to-play”
  • Tigris & Euphrates - depends on production. It’ll be a question of which edition is better for me.
  • 1930 - initally designed to be an 18xx but end up being something else.
  • Age of Innovation - Keen to see what innovation they did with this iteration. To-play rather than to-buy if possible.
  • Dawn of Ulos - stock holding fantasy game. Worth a try. To-play, if possible.
  • 1825 Unit 4 and Region 4
  • Holly Oaks - Tom Lehmann trick taking
  • Dracula vs Van Helsing - area control AND trick taking??
5 Likes

Post made by Caezar Al-Jassar, head of Alley Cat Games, himself.

:eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes::eyes:

4 Likes

Ooh, that is a lovely cover.

1 Like

I feel like Calimala was already starting to show up in the proverbial bargain bin on the secondary market; I suspect this will lead to me being able to grab up an old-edition copy on the cheap (since, based on what I’ve seen, it’s a good-but-probably-not-great game?)

I sold my copy after 3-4 plays as the core action selection mechanism is cool but samey.

2 Likes

I managed 11 before selling mine. To me that qualifies as a better euro. Less good games get 3-5, which is what it was to you so between us we might average at the consensus view that @pillbox expressed

3 Likes

Wolves | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Read WEM’s latest news post. This interests me. Semi-coops are often bad with execution, but doesn’t stop me from being curious about it

1 Like

This got me excited for Sunrise Lane.

3 Likes

Ponzi Scheme will be reprinted!! :partying_face: :partying_face: :partying_face:

Also, the publisher has this amazing investment scheme where if you invest £40, they’ll pay you back £60! So, if you invest £600, it pays out £900. It’s so good that I really don’t see any reason why you shouldn’t!

10 Likes

It turns out that international reply coupons are sold at the cheap postage rate in Italy, but if you can get them to the US…

3 Likes

New Dixit expansion and the weird bit is that they are not their artists, but artists whose painting are in the Polish National Gallery

5 Likes

Damn. I wish it were a standalone game :frowning:

3 Likes

Shoudn’t be super hard to rig up a set of tokens and a scoreboard…

3 Likes

Or they might work for Mysterium :thinking:

4 Likes