Alien/Fudge: Chariot of the Gods

I like the look of this adventure. But I really don’t like the mechanics of the Fria Ligan Alien RPG. So I bodged it into Fudge.

Session 1: The Most Exciting Thing That’s Happened Since We Woke Up: A routine cargo flight is interrupted to answer a distress call. Just another salvage job.

Session 2: Vacuum-Rated Post-It Notes: Medical miracles and extra-gory bits - and not even at the same time.

Session 3: Sedated with Lead Microspheres: Less of a vaccine, more of an antihelminthic.

Session 4: A Halo of Body Parts and Fluids: Repair the engines, everyone home for tea and medals. Or not.

6 Likes

9 Likes

Session 2: Vacuum-Rated Post-It Notes: Medical miracles and extra-gory bits - and not even at the same time.

2 Likes

Been re-reading Triplanetary as I’ve been listening to this set and figured these illustrations may assist morale in their own ways at some point if there’s more comment on Roger’s running of a railroad. :smile:

3 Likes

Session 3: Sedated with Lead Microspheres: Less of a vaccine, more of an antihelminthic.

2 Likes

Session 4: A Halo of Body Parts and Fluids: Repair the engines, everyone home for tea and medals. Or not.

(That’s the end of this adventure, and we chatted a bit about our reactions to it afterwards.)

2 Likes

Thanks for using fudge it’s a system I have loved for years and gurps as well

2 Likes

Sometimes I find it too low resolution for my taste, but I think for something like this it works very well—enough differentiation that the PCs can each have things they’re good at, but not getting to the level of complexity that I might as well run GURPS (which I know better).

2 Likes

Gurps is a great system
4 edition is good but I still prefer third edition

Will you be doing more alien/fudge
Adventures

No current plans, but I think we’re all open to the idea.

1 Like

I certainly enjoyed it. The only problem I have with Alien-inspired adventures is that we’ve all seen it and know what happens, so it’s difficult to do anything fresh. It gets to be a bit of a stretch to continue pretending that you don’t know the score. Frankly, I’m amazed that someone released a complete RPG based on it, since the ground was pretty thoroughly covered in Traveller Double Adventure 5: The Chamax Plague.

2 Likes

I was certainly surprised at just how similar the plot was to those of the films. If I find other adventures I’ll be interested to see how much they vary.

Thanks
Maybe if not alien
Have you done any fudge cthulhu
I’ve listened to the gurps cthulhu and really enjoyed it or fudge zombies
Like the one you did with gurps that was good as well
I don’t play anymore but do enjoy listening when at work

Now that’s a thought. Any particular instance you’d recommend, or shall I cast around?

We did have a short All Flesh Must Be Eaten scenario a while back.

2 Likes

:rofl:

I thank God I wore my corset, because I think my sides have split.

1 Like

There’s a Fudge Cthulhu adaptation here.

Survival of the Able is a mediaeval zombie plague setting, with the twist that the PCs have various disabilities so might not be able to see the danger, for instance.

2 Likes

Oh excellent I’m going to listen to that has soon as possible
Cheers

I’m off to check it out
Thanks