Airecon 2024, 14-17 March, Harrogate

@Whistle_Pig Which Splotters you wanna tick off your list at AireCon? All of them?? Cool. Im in

3 Likes

Does anyone who’ll be there have Switch and Signal? I’d like to give it a try. (It may be in the library for that matter.)

The floor plan is available.

Poutine is confirmed (“Spuds & Bros”).

4 Likes

Number 6 in the demo zone

4 Likes

Last minute change of plan: I’m going to be volunteering in the bring and buy during the day (hurrah for free tickets and accommodation) but will be around for games in the evening.

6 Likes

Can I get priority booking in and placement for my games please?

2 Likes

I would love to see a “counter service” bring and buy, where you look things up on the web site and tell the staff “I’d like to look at number 34”, then you either buy it or return it. The staff manage all the storage so they can always tell where things are. On the one hand, no impulse buys; on the other hand, much quicker if you’re looking for a specific thing or set of things, which includes finding your unsold stuff before cashing out.

This clearly isn’t what most people want, so fair enough I guess.

Less risk of your game getting nicked as well

2 Likes

I’m thinking about getting my Ashes Reborn dice reference card printed up on light card (doxdirect will do 400gsm A6), and could bring them along. Anyone want one?

If I were to bring Leaving Earth, who else would be up for it?

Me, for one.

Is it plausible to play in the evening with an addled brain?

I would say so. Especially if you ask others to check your math

What’s the elevator pitch?

“It’s 1956, and you are in charge of a national space programme. You will develop technologies, and plan and execute missions, while competing with other nations.”

Things I like:

• you design your own missions rather than following a set plan, and there are various different ways to achieve things.
  • realistic implementation of the rocket equation without being excessively maths-y (some people disagree about the last bit; you do have to do a bit of mental arithmetic but I’ve never felt the urge to reach for a calculator).
  • at game start all you know about the planets is what you can observe by telescope, and they’re different each game.

Things I don’t like:

• it can get a bit head-down while you’re planning a multi-step mission (also bring scratch paper).

various pbfs here

1 Like

BGG has it 60-150 minutes, do you know which end of that it sits in real life?

Kate and I are tempted but need to fit it in.

@lalunaverde we know that Sol is quick (and have both played it) is New Frontiers zippy as well?

It’d be a great afternoon to get all 3 of those played.

We’re hoping to get up by 1 on Thursday if the traffic goes out way, but want to get to Thug, check into the hotel and drop some games at the B&B.

1 Like

If you play the base game, that’s doable but probably more towards the long end. The fully expanded game is an all day affair.

I hope to be around on Thursday. No specific plans yet.

1 Like

I’ve been checking out what to put in the luggage. I don’t think I can bring New Frontiers now due to its ridiculous box size. Sol is still fine and relatively smaller

1 Like

If you’re planning on going for the full version them we’ll bow out. I don’t have that much attention span

I suspect playing the full version is not practical. But all I’m really after at this point is “are people interested”, which is “yes”, so I’ll bring the box and see what happens.

1 Like