#204: Riftforce

As it happens I’ve just done it again.

“Activate 1 to 3 cards”; card in hand; “Discard card for activation”; then (up to 3 times) the white-outlined card, and the red-outlined space it was moving into.

1 Like

It might be my phone then, the touchscreen is getting old.

I’ve had some issues with Air as well.

After playing a game against @Captbnut (thanks again for the invite), I think I know what the problem with line battler style games is in this household. Even when I win, I do not enjoy the game as much as I feel I should. And this is on me, not the game. Glad I got to try it out before bringing it home to our table :slight_smile: I think I like my games more sprawling, not as reduced and abstracted as this.

3 Likes

You’re welcome

Having played 5 or 6 games, I’m not sure about Riftforce.

It seems to have similar bits to Res Arcana, but probably simpler. A bit like Lost Cities, but not as painful. I imagine it would be better and smoother in person because there are a few issues with the implementation. I can easily imagine that there is a lot of scope for improvement and clever play.

Any two player card game is always competing with Race for the Galaxy and Innovation for me. Race for really fast, Innovation for lots of interaction and tactics.

I think Riftforce is fine, but I’d rather play one of those two instead when I don’t have unlimited time.

1 Like

Very much so!

Which has just been added to yucata…

2 Likes