2020 Challenge: 10 Plays of 10 Games!

Yup, another bingo-month for me. :frowning:
Oh well. I canā€™t really complain. One of my gaming groups still meets semi-regularly for Board Game Arena (Canā€™t Stop, Kingdomino, Incan Gold, 6 Nimmt) and TTS (Deep Sea Adventure, Infinity the Game), so Iā€™m not totally starved for games.

Oh! My partner and I got to try ā€œThe Crewā€. It was good! We had fun, and she doesnā€™t like trick-taking games, so that was a pleasant surprise.

Otherwiseā€¦ new expansion for Twilight Imperium got announced, and my entire TI-group simultaneously started salivating. Looks amazing!

3 Likes

Just the usual one more Rallyman to report here. (And a whole lot of Rallyman GT, but Iā€™ve already got my ten there.)

2 Likes

Juneā€™s even sorrier progress:

Quacks of Quedlinburg - 3
Wingspan - 5
Arboretum
Gloomhaven - 3
BƤrenpark
Flamme Rouge - 8 (+1)
Root - 4
Brass
Altiplano
Tzolkā€™in - 1

I did manage to get a game of Root on TTS yesterday, but thatā€™ll go in Julyā€™s progress!

Last monthā€™s total gaming, if only Iā€™d put Codenames in my 10x10!

2 Likes

2020 is the first year that Iā€™ve got anything close to resembling even a post hoc 10x10. I have Aeonā€™s End at 12, Wingspan at 8, Atlantis Rising at 7, Hardback and Augustus at 5 each, and then another half dozen or so at 4.

Next year I might try a 7x7 which works out to roughly half a 10x10.

3 Likes

Oddly, I seem to be in with a chance at a post hoc 10Ɨ10 too:

Game Plays
[Canā€™t Stop] [10/10]
[VOLT] [10/10]
[Red7] [10/10]
[6 nimmt!] [10/10]
[Bowling Solitaire] [9/10]
[Automobiles] [7/10]
[Tobago] [4/10]
[K2] [4/10]
[Machi Koro] [4/10]
[Coup] [4/10]
2 Likes

End of June update:

Santorini - 1
Isle of Skye - 1
Imperial Assault - 8
Arkham Horror LCG - 5 (+1)
Kingdomino - 4
Treasure Island - 1
Marvel Legendary - 2 (+1)
Black Orchestra - 2
Ghost Stories - 3
Quacks of Quedlinburg - 2

Only two games for the 10x10, though quite a number of other games. I hope to finish off Imperial Assault this month, as well as wrap up the Dunwich Legacy for AH, which will add 3 to that count. At this point, anything else for the month will be gravy.

2 Likes

Things have finally normalized enough that the Tainted Grail group is back together in-person! Otherwise Iā€™m still online-only, but getting thereā€¦ mostly.

4 Likes

Still been lucky and playing a lot of games. Finished The Kingā€™s Dilemma. Iā€™ve bought Terra Mystica and had at least 6 plays of it. Plenty of online Twilight Struggle. Lots of Kingdomino and Biblios. 3 games of El Grande. Coup has been popular this week - another game I am very bad at.

As for the list
Feast for Odin 14 (1, with The Norwegians)
Age of Steam 13 (2) via a multi camera Zoom
Brass Birmingham 5 (0)
Terraforming Mars 20 (4)
Great Western Trail 5 (0)
Air Land and Sea 5 (0)
Concordia 2 (1)
Flamme Rouge 20 (4)
Dominion 7 (7) back with a vengeance
Barenpark 5 (4)
Cockroach Poker 0 (0)

2 Likes

The games I envisioned I would play are not what Iā€™m playingā€¦ and in the last month there werenā€™t many games at allā€¦

4 Likes

Donā€™t worry about it. It seems to be a trend.

5 Likes

Santorini - 1
Isle of Skye - 1
Imperial Assault - 8
Arkham Horror LCG - 5
Kingdomino - 4
Treasure Island - 2 (+1)
Marvel Legendary - 2
Black Orchestra - 2
Ghost Stories - 3
Quacks of Quedlinburg - 3 (+1)

A couple of plays yesterday gets me really close to the 33% mark. Oddly enough, have not managed any games of those I predicted I would get played by the end of July, but I do have another week and a half or so to attempt those.

1 Like

July results:
Android: Netrunner 1 [1/20]
KnitWit [4/5]
Council of Verona [3/5]
Just One [3/5]
Bridges to Nowhere 1 [6/5]
Treasure Island [1/5]
KeyForge 10 [41/5]
The Bloody Inn [0/5]
Gloom [1/5]
Alhambra 2 [5/5]
Cottage Garden 1 [2/5]
Castles of Burgundy [1/5]
Clank! in Space [0/5]
Masque of the Red Death* [0/5]
Dead of Winter [0/5]
A Feast of Odin* [0/5]
Eldritch Horror [1/5]

Still addicted to KeyForge.

Still struggling to get in longer games.

Still no prospect of playing Masque of the Red Death anytime soon with lock down back on.

Butā€¦ finally off the mark with Netrunner :sunglasses:

4 Likes

Still nothing on the board.

Played 4 games of ā€œEncoreā€ (Noch Mal), and thatā€™s a nice one, andā€¦ I think thatā€™s it.

Having to work during the pandemic is the worst of both worlds: still donā€™t get to see my friends and play games, but have to work at the draining customer service job instead of writing while being exposed to people who donā€™t take putting me at risk very seriously at all.

Whee.

2 Likes

@Marx Iā€™m sorry to hear that youā€™re having to deal with lots of inconsiderate people at work. Iā€™d be happy to play some Scythe with you online to get your 10x10 going :slight_smile:

Julyā€™s progress. Mostly thanks to a couple of indecisive friends using it as a way to pick games to play on TTS, plus my decision to solo Gloomhaven:

Quacks of Quedlinburg - 5 (+2)
Wingspan - 5
Arboretum
Gloomhaven - 6 (+3)
BƤrenpark
Flamme Rouge - 8
Root - 5 (+1)
Brass
Altiplano
Tzolkā€™in - 1

3 Likes

A little progress on Rallyman and V-Commandoes but I still havenā€™t tackled the zeroes.

August results:
Android: Netrunner 1 [2/20]
KnitWit 1 [5/5]
Council of Verona 2 [5/5]
Just One [3/5]
Bridges to Nowhere [6/5]
Treasure Island [1/5]
KeyForge 11 [52/5]
The Bloody Inn 1 [1/5]
Gloom [1/5]
Alhambra [5/5]
Cottage Garden [2/5]
Castles of Burgundy [1/5]
Clank! in Space [0/5]
Masque of the Red Death* [0/5]
Dead of Winter [0/5]
A Feast of Odin* [0/5]
Eldritch Horror [1/5]

Have been playing plenty of two player games in lockdown, including some from the list. Finished off the target plays for KnitWit and Verona, and kicked off The Bloody Inn.

Aiming to get more Netrunner happening in September, maybe even the narrative campaign expansion Terminal Directive, which I picked up new for half price last week. Quite pleasing given itā€™s out of print and Netrunner prices are getting rather silly on the second hand market.

Look forward to hearing how everyone has gone with the challenge since last month.

4 Likes

Santorini - 1
Isle of Skye - 1
Imperial Assault - 8
Arkham Horror LCG - 6 (+1)
Kingdomino - 4
Treasure Island - 2
Marvel Legendary - 2
Black Orchestra - 2
Ghost Stories - 3
Quacks of Quedlinburg - 3

Very sad, but I only had one play of a game on my challenge in August. Just trying to play games right now is hard, so it is much easier to go for short, quick games that play well with just two. And even with those, our kids tend to interrupt. Other option is to wait for them to go to bed, but most nights there are just too many things to get done or one or both of us is just too tired for gaming. I do not anticipate muxh changing on that score in the near future.

4 Likes

Pretty good going this month. Brass and Altiplano are the only ones languishing at 0 plays now.

Quacks of Quedlinburg - 5
Wingspan - 7 (+2)
Arboretum - 2 (+2)
Gloomhaven - 10 (+4)
BƤrenpark - 2 (+2)
Flamme Rouge - 9 (+1)
Root - 5 (+1)
Brass
Altiplano
Tzolkā€™in - 3 (+2)

4 Likes

My previous update. Due to covid some games are impossible to actually get to play, so Iā€™ve taken the liberty of trying any 10-10 games that just happen. For example Codenames wasnā€™t on my original list but weā€™ve played it so much online, I am counting those instances. With that said, this is my challenge after August:

• Gloomhaven 10/10
  • Nusfjord 9/10 (exclusively solo)
  • Spirit Island 9/10 (almost all solo)
  • Pandemic Legacy (1+2) 8/10
  • Cank! Legcy 7/10 (the game is playable after the campaign so we can finish that)
  • The Crew 7/10
  • Wingspan 7/10
  • Root 6/10 (almost all solo)
  • Sprawlopolis 5/10 (solo)
  • Codenames 4/10 (each instance incorporates multiple rounds or else Iā€™d be at around 20 plays)

Mostly played a lot of Nusfjord and Spirit Island :slight_smile:

It was not my plan to have so many solo plays in here. But times being what they are this is most of what I get to playā€¦

3 Likes

My most played games this year:

4 Likes