#181: Bluffing (title padding)

2021-08-24T10:00:12Z

I used to tell a joke about Heimdall, but it was pretty horny. I used to tell a joke about Osiris, but it fell to pieces. I used to tell a joke about Venus, but it was masturbatory. I used to tell a joke about Sleipnir, but it didn’t have legs. I used to tell a joke about Prometheus, but it needed a spark. I used to tell a joke about Draupnir, but it just didn’t ever end. I used to tell a joke about Marathon, but it was a bit of a long walk. I used to tell a joke about the Hecatoncheires, but it was punching down. I used to tell a joke about Tyr, but it wasn’t even-handed. I used to tell a joke about Ragnarok, but everyone knew the end already. I used to tell a joke about Jormungand, but it was very toxic. I used to tell a joke about Pandora, but it was too out of the box. I used to tell a joke about Cerberus, but it was just gatekeeping. I used to tell a joke about Yggdrasil, but I had to leaf. I used to tell a joke about the labyrinth’s inhabitant, but it was bull. I used to tell a joke about the sword of Damocles, but it was over my head. I used to tell a joke about Procrustes, but I kept getting cut off. I used to tell a joke about Sisyphus, but I got tired of the repetition. I used to tell a joke about Penelope’s crafting, but it was just an excuse to kill time. I used to tell a joke about the Golden Apple, but it caused too many arguments. I used to tell a joke about Gordian succession, but it was a tangled mess. I used to tell a joke about Minerva’s bird, but I can’t remember owl of it.

01:58 AYURIS: Caylus 1303 (William Attia, Space Cowboys, 2019)

Games Played Last Week:
04:38 -Regicide (Paul Abrahams, Luke Badger, & Andy Richdale, Badgers from Mars, 2020)
05:55 -Rhino Hero Super Battle (Scott Frisco & Steven Strumpf, HABA, 2017)
06:00 -Kabuto Sumo (Tony Miller, BoardGameTables.com, 2021)
06:37 -Shards of Infinity: Shadow of Salvation (Justin Gary & Ryan Sutherland, Stone Blade Entertainment, 2019)
07:07 -Star Realms (Robert Dougherty & Darwin Kastle, Wise Wizard, 2014)
09:06 -Root (Cole Wehrle, Leder Games, 2018)
11:39 -Faiyum (Friedemann Friese, 2F-Spiele, 2020)
12:45 -Descent: Legends in the Dark (Kara Centell-Dunk & Nathan I. Hajek, Fantasy Flight, 2021)
25:01 -Dark Souls: The Board Game (David Carl, Alex Hall, Mat Hart, & Richard Loxam, Steamforged Games, 2017)
28:34 -Warp’s Edge (Scott Almes, Renegade Game Studios, 2020)
31:46 -ALIEN: Fate of the Nostromo (Scott Rogers, Ravensburger, 2021)
37:56 -Lots (Thomas Wells, Self-Published, 2021)
39:54 -Mandala (Trevor Benjamin & Brett J. Gilbert, 2019)
44:59 -Canvas (Jeff Chin & Andrew Nerger, Road to Infamy Games, 2021)
46:20 -Rush M.D. (Athony Howgego, Konstantinos Kokkinis, & Dávid Turczi, Artipia Games, 2020)

News (and why it doesn’t matter):
48:43 International Gamers Award nominees
https://www.boardgamegeek.com/blogpost/121685/nominees-announced-2021-international-gamers-award
49:28 Hero Realms digital beta
50:00 Blood Red Skies and unpainted minis
51:55 Atomic Mass Games: Star Wars: Armada being discontinued?
53:20 SVWAG’s statement on allegations against Greg Spence, CEO of Broken Token, and in solidarity with victims of sexual assault
https://www.polygon.com/tabletop-games/22632835/broken-token-greg-spence-allegations-sexual-assault-abuse

54:37 Topic: Bluffing

1:22:29 SVWAG Presents: Masterpiece Theatre Presents: The Fast and the Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw