#173: Witchstone

2021-06-15T10:00:16Z

Titles, as Herr Doktor Doktor Vincent Diesel, esq. O.B.E. could tell you, are important things. They must be recorded for posterity, quite literally in the case of Dogberry: “But masters, remember that I am an ass, though it be not written down, yet forget not that I am an ass.” Mark and Walker are bereft of such honorifics; “Gilded Ones” apparently only applies if you go the full gilt route, which sounds way too painful to endorse. Whether philosophers get any titles past “lovers of wisdom” is a matter of some controversy; Mark weighs in all the same.

Games Played Last Week:
00:50 -Pandemic: The Cure (Matt Leacock, Z-Man Games, 2014)
04:07 -Fairy Tale (Satoshi Nakamura, Z-Man Games, 2004)
07:13 -Plantopia (Daryl Chow, Origame, 2020)
10:30 -Paleontologists (Joe Hout, Web published, 2020)
11:15 -Shards of Infinity (Gary Arant & Justin Gary, Stone Blade Entertainment, 2018)
16:00 -Dominion (Donald X. Vaccarino, Rio Grande Games, 2008)
16:39 -Imperium: Classics (Nigel Buckle & Dávid Turczi, Osprey Games, 2021)
22:56 -Let’s Make a Bus Route: The Dice Game (Saashi, Saashi & Saashi, 2021)
25:54 -Nanga Parbat (Steve Finn, Dr. Finn Games, 2021)
30:54 -Street Masters (Adam Sadler & Brady Sadler, Blacklist Games, 2018)

News (and why it doesn’t matter):
33:25 “Swirling the Drain:” Tasty Minstreal loses Orléans to Capstone
34:25 “Swirling the Drain:” Unfathomable re-skins Battlestar Galactica to Arkham Horror
38:02 Phalanx’s Coalitions: Grand strategic Napoleonics!
39:17 Compass Games’ Coalition: Grand strategic Napoleonics!
40:11 GCT Studios’ Bushido
40:54 Traitorous trick-taking: Shamans by Cédrick Chaboussit
42:05 Age of Sigmar: Dominion from Games Workshop

42:29 Feature Game: Witchstone (Martino Chiacchiera & Reiner Knizia, R&R Games, 2021)

1:02:16 SVWAG Presents: Masterpiece Theatre: Tokyo Drift

Ooohh Im keen on Shamans now.

And Witchstone sounds like a disappointment to me.

I caught a mention of it elsewhere, went and looked at the Dice Tower review, and fell in love with the artwork. It’ll be great if it’s a good game too. :slight_smile:

ETA: “elsewhere” was on BGG.

1 Like

Unfathomable: FFGAsmodéeMonopolist and their particular shoot-Cthulhu-in-the-face version of Lovecraftiana turns me off even before I get to the gameplay. While I’ve played BSG once, and quite enjoyed it, I generally prefer “pure” social deduction games over the coop-with-possible-traitor that you get there and e.g. in Shadows Over Camelot or Dead of Winter.

1 Like

Hmm. Everyone fired except the owner, all game development halted, plan to spend the next 2-3 years selling off existing stock…

2 Likes