Would any one be interested in a Star Trek Adventures game

Played on the forum.

1 Like

The 2d20 RPG? Definitely; I’ve wanted to try out this system with someone who knows how it’s meant to work.

2 Likes

Sure, I’d be up for it.

1 Like

2D20? Colour me interested. I won’t join due to time difference, but I will definitely be nosey.

EDIT: Plus I am not really a Trekkie, I like the movies, but the data leaves my head very soon after I watch them. Beam me up, Scottie, live long and prosper and little more here…

2 Likes

Ok.

@RogerBW can you elaborate on your comment? Have you had issue with it previously?

@Lordof1 excellent.

@Chewy77 Trek is pretty much percolated into popular culture. You only need to remember three things.

1. A star ship has a numbered designation. When a ship is destroyed or retired the next ship to have that name has a letter after the number.

2. Ships have shields and deflectors. Shields protect ships from enemy attacks. Deflectors push objects out the way so you don’t crash into space junk. The deflector is normally a dish on the front of the ship. Deflector dishes can be configured to do almost anything for some reason.

3. Ships have inertial dampeners. These stop the crew being squashed at warp speed across the rear bulkheads. When Gene Roddenberry was asked how they worked, he replied, “very well.”

You are now qualified to write a series of Star Trek for Paramount.

8 Likes

(I have an idea for a scenario, but I think it’s easier if we go through the introductory adventure first.)

1 Like

I think I should probably not play a Klingon.

2 Likes

It’s more that I’ve promised to run (new, 2d20) Achtung! Cthulhu for Whartson Hall, and I’ve had trouble getting my head round it merely by reading the rules. So I would like to play in a 2d20 game run by someone who has got their head round it so that I can have sight of the system working.

I’m also not really a Trekkie, as those of you who’ve played in my ST:A games can attest: I’ve picked up a lot of the doubletalk here and there, and I’ve quite enjoyed several of the shows, but I’m not a fan, I don’t treat it with great respect, etc.

2 Likes

I would play though i am not sure of the real time / response requirements

2 Likes

I’m imaging something very slow paced for those concerned about that.

2 Likes

Count me in then. Curious to give it a try.

2 Likes

Wait, is it of the same nature as the shield? Like a force field generated by Beryllium crystals or the like? Because I have never seen a physical barrier there…

1 Like

It is the same nature as shields, correct. Can’t see it, it just happens.

2 Likes

If you’re okay with playing slowly, I’d be interested in playing.

I currently run an ST:A campaign for my partner and some friends, so I am pretty familiar with the rules, but since I run the campaign I fudge some of the rules to make it run faster/more elegantly.

The big issue I have is the combat is… not elegant? Like, it works, but it’s slow. Starship combat in particular is U-G-L-Y-itain’tgonoalibi it ugly. Woo woo it ugly.

Sorry.

But! I do love the universe and I love RPGs so I’m happy to play as long as it’s not super time crunchy.

3 Likes

Not even a blue halo thingy??

Only when the plot demands it.

2 Likes

I also own the Star Trek RPG from 1985, so if we need to fudge we can.

3 Likes

I’ve played ST:A once. I’m very vaguely familiar with the 2d20…sort of…I think. Can I join?

2 Likes

Yes you can!

I’m going to suspend recruitment at this point.

I’m on holiday with no internet Wi-Fi, so details will be posted from Saturday.

2 Likes