Where on Earth are you!? Show us the sights from your part of the world

I’m in Tampa, Florida for the next two weeks. I’ve got a mini-suite with a living room and a view of both the water and the convention center where I’ll be working (grading essays for the AP US History exam) every day.

13 Likes

A rare weekend of sun on the West Coast.

12 Likes

Picnic on the South Downs on Friday. (Partly to get away from the local street party: whatever the occasion, I’m not a fan of Mandatory Public Fun.)

12 Likes

Same. Why I get called a miser at Christmas.

3 Likes

Many people in this road put up Christmas decorations. I am tempted each year to get a stark white LED string and shape it to spell BAH HUMBUG.

4 Likes

I wonder if you could go entirely meta with it… do a massive, elaborate decoration display about specifically not decorating.

Have “BAH HUMBUG” in multicoloured light strings, with flashing signs that say “JUST SAY NO TO DECORATING” and “CHRISTMAS IS TOO COMMERCIAL,” all while having inflatable snowpeople and reindeer everywhere on your lawn.

7 Likes

I’d suggest a sleigh pulled by easter bunnies.

5 Likes

And manned by Krampus.

1 Like

My 33rd (!!!:neutral_face:!!!) high school reunion weekend just concluded. I attended a small private boarding school in the hills of Cheshire County, New Hampshire (The Dublin School), and I try to go back whenever I can. The facilities there have improved immensely since I graduated. They even have a full fledged astronomical observatory where students are working on several NASA-coordinated programs. Keep in mind these are kids in the 15-18yo range! I’m just blown away by that. If they’d had an observatory when I attended, I’d have spent every waking hour there! Also, the school happens to be in a very pretty locale. It’s one of my favorite places on Earth. :slightly_smiling_face:

10 Likes

More pics:

“Thank you for attending my TED Talk.”

12 Likes

That looks like an awesome place to go to school, hope you have fond memories.

2 Likes

I do! It was rough going at first, understandable since it was my first time away from home, and my parents were relocated halfway around the world (Abu Dhabi), but I was fortunate to have a lot of caring people around me. I was sad to leave by the time I graduated. :grinning:

3 Likes

My 10-year-old niece is staying with me for about 3 weeks. I took her on a one night camping / hiking trip in the Shenandoah Mountains (about a 3 hour drive away) then to some caverns near there. We are now home and I am tired, but she had fun and put down her iPad for a few hours, which was the goal.

18 Likes

looks lovely!

2 Likes

Mount Ruapehu!!! Snow!!! First time for us since 4 years, after that lovely Beast from the East that hit the UK in March 2018.

Somehow speeding on ice doesn’t heat you up as much as those cars from Rush n’ Crush (n’ Burn)

12 Likes

Staying at an airbnb for a couple of nights outside Manchester on our way back from a family holiday in London.

This is a bit more my speed.

Also very excited it has a game table.

11 Likes

Dusk time and spent my last night in a cove in Dorset.

16 Likes

Whereabouts is that in Dorset?

Church Ope Cove near Weymouth

1 Like

ah - I live just over by Poole

3 Likes