What Are You Drinking?

7 Likes

Margarita. Finally found a great recipe for my second favorite cocktail. (Nothing can beat Negronis)

4 Likes

I am not a big root beer fan but I showed it to my wife and she was jealous of your good Maine root beer :wink:

Hope it was good!

1 Like

It was! :yum:

1 Like

Afraid I’m mostly on the Lemsip thanks to schools going back, so mini-me bringing a cold back home.

Could make the most of it and force myself to get a nice whisky for a medicinal hot toddy though

3 Likes

If you can get it, there’s a whisky Ginger liqueur called The Kings Ginger. Can not recommend highly enough for hot toddies. Or whisky mac’s. Or just drinking straight.

In unrelated news I was lucky enough to have just attended a whiskey tasting featuring not one, but two 26 year old bottles. One from Glen Grant and the other from Caperdonich (yes, i had to Google how to spell that last one). I can say for certain I’m a big fan of old Glen Grant whisky. Will have to find some of the younger stuff and see if it’s similar.

2 Likes

My sister-in-law gave me this for my birthday, and it wouldn’t have been cheap. Unfortunately Campbells is not my favourite Rutherglen winery, and this “topaque” is basically sweet and tasteless. If you told me it was supposed to be a muscat I wouldn’t be confident in contradicting you.

2 Likes

Just had a taste of the left in the middle of the day because my dad–who doesn’t really know much about single malt scotch except that he likes Balvenie & Aberlour–bought the one on the right for my partner’s birthday and we had to show him what the stuff he bought might taste like :wink:

3 Likes

Glen Grant’s regular whisky is nice. Quite light if I remember correctly - but it’s been a couple of years since I had some.
I do remember it being one of the ones we enjoyed from the weekend we spent up that way a while back - which coincided with the weekend just about all of speyside closed down for the winter

The distillery is beautiful though. There’s extensive gardens planted around it which are a treat to walk round and the staff are great

3 Likes

Available for online order, but only in the UK.

1 Like

1 Like

Ohh, I am envious. I’ve only had a 12 year Mortlack but it was lovely. We don’t seem to see it over here very often so I’ve yet to get myself a bottle.

There was a photo of the distillery at the tasting which looks lovely. Apparently they’ve brought all the land that acts as the catchment for their stream, which seems amazing to me. If you were to do the same here it would be a massive massive tract of land, but looking at the photo it didn’t seem extraordinary. If I remember to I’ll have to do some google earthing later.

1 Like

I’m gonna need something tonight… Any recommends for a hot evening after a hard day?

1 Like

Gin and tonic.

3 Likes

Roger that.

1 Like

An excellent suggestion by @Agemegos enjoyed thoroughly.

5 Likes

“Restores the tissues.”

2 Likes

Try their Elderflower tonic water next. It’s fantastic!:+1:t3:

3 Likes

I most certainly will!

1 Like

Aberlour abunadh batch 61

8 Likes