What are the "unique" zero-overlap games in your collection?

I do own Pulsar and I also own Clans of Caledonia. Really enjoy both!

3 Likes

I found two solo variants of Pulsar on the Geek so I’m going to put it through its paces soon!

2 Likes

Got it, and like it quite a bit. You have to love those dino-minis

2 Likes

I have this. Backed the KS. Only got it to the table once or twice so far. Should take it out with me more.

2 Likes

I have Blokus. And Blokus Junior!

3 Likes

Owned, and Elfenland is on the sale pile too. Blokus is based!

2 Likes

Anyone else have The Thing: Infection at Outpost 31? Never managed to get it to the table yet.

Also have Sentinels Tictacs , 1066: Some Mothers do ‘Ave ‘Em, Talisman (original version first printing I think) and Chaos in the Old World which may be slightly obscure.

3 Likes

I had that many moons ago!!

Speaking of old Games Workshop games, anyone got Block Mania and Mega Mania? Bought them on a nostalgia kick when they were reprinted.

3 Likes

I have that (along with the Horned Rat). I’m not sure if I’ll ever get to play it again, to be honest – I feel it needs the right group to firstly roll with the theme, and then want to play it enough to get to grips with it. My original group for that game dissipated a long time ago. It sure does have some table presence though, doesn’t it?

5 Likes

Yes I feel the same as you. I’d really like to sink into it but not sure I’ll ever really get it to the table again. It has table presence for sure, but not quite as much as Cthulhu Wars, which I hear is very similar.

3 Likes

I’ve got this over large box.

2 Likes

This is often compared to Dark Moon. So we just dodged each other, opposite sides of the coin.

After Diplomacy, the worst gaming experience of my life. I didn’t realize it at the time, only after I stood up from the table and realized that an afternoon had gone by and NOTHING HAD HAPPENED.

3 Likes

Talisman was very popular with the boardgamer/RPGer crowd I was hanging around in the late 1980s. I suspect none of us who played then would want to play it again.

3 Likes

I really should get Isle of Skye in my collection again.

I ruined it by buying the expansions and then sold it

3 Likes

I haven’t played with with either expansion, own them both. Bought Journman, read the rules and mostly regretted it. Then bought Druids on the hope it would work. I think both may have the potential to do what I hoped: add a bit more crunch to the otherwise-light game. Sometimes I like how light and brisk IoS is, but other times I wished for just slightly more… maybe that is waiting for me in the expansions.

Druids is really the 2-player expansion. At 2p, base Isle of Skye is too zero sum and not interesting. Druids adds other arenas of competition and other outlets for cash / sources for tiles, allowing two to dance around each other.

It still works at 3-5, where it is just variety and complexity.

Journeyman is a completely different game built on the same components and base rules.

Journeyman is one of my “Pillbox Award” type games; dying to play it and no idea when I will.

1 Like

Got this. Recently sold Dark moon too.

1 Like

My little collection snowflake empire is crumbling!

But, seriously, I’m shocked no one here has Nations yet, even with an SUSD recommends.

2 Likes

I know someone with a copy of Nations, and I’ve even played it, but I don’t own it…

1 Like

Maybe that much Marie Curie was just too much for everyone else …

3 Likes