What are the "unique" zero-overlap games in your collection?

Because only one game from my first list has been crossed off thus far (and that on account of a retheme), I thought I might have been too conservative so I came up with a second tier list of things I’m not aware of others here having in their collections (but had previously assumed were quite unlikely to only be in mine). I presume a larger number of these will be crossed off…

Cheapass Games:

Buttonshy wallet games:

Has “Cthulhu” in the title:

Other:

1 Like

I looked at my tiny collection (58 according to BGG) and maybe there’s 3 or 4 that could be tricky for your honourable collective. Although probably @pillbox has them…

-3 Wishes (I should get rid of it) @Brattyjedi has it.
-Badland Wolves (indie KS less than 6 month old, I believe)
-Bardsung (I haven’t heard of anybody else receiving it??)
-Flipology (very nasty wolf under lambskin small card game)
-Merchants & Marauders (nobody else mentions it, likely some of you used to have it and moved on)
-Tiny Epic Pirates Deluxe Ed, which I also have to get rid of.

2 Likes

I’ve got this.

And this.

I definitely have too many small box card games.

3 Likes

I have both of these. Though EAoBM is on my RPG shelf.

2 Likes

Your interpretation (which I took to be “games which have almost nothing in common with any other game in your collection”) would also be an interesting thread.

Although for people with few games, or whose goal is to have one really good game of any given type, it might be better to go with “games which have almost nothing in common with any other game you’re aware of” (which might have been what you were listing, too).

5 Likes

I have a whole pot of these. I’m sure there ought to be a more interesting game one could build on them; as it is the only decision is “whom do you target”.

1 Like

I also own Push It!, Turn the Tide and Snow Tails, all lovely games.

My potentially ‘unique’ offerings are…

Maori - Carcassonne with islands.
Luna - Stefan Feld with islands.
Timeline: Star Wars - I include this because, reading another thread here on the forum, no one else seemed to own it…but now @Griffster77 does!
Greenland - 3rd edition of the Phil Eklund survival game (@malkav11 also owns this)

and the jewel of my collection…

9 Likes

I apologise in advance…

df980209

5 Likes

Following that exact same thread I now DO own it!! :grinning:

7 Likes

Probably I shouldn’t but I do.

3 Likes

Just because I stumbled on what seems like a good sale discount (just in the wrong country)… If anyone in Australia was keen on this one, https://gamesempire.com.au/collections/board-card-games/products/hard-city at gamesempire.com.au seems worth a look.

1 Like

The “Bruno” section: I’m assuming people have these but we just don’t talk about them:

• Clans of Caledonia
  • Barrage
  • Nations
  • Rajas of the Ganges
  • Catan - is it possible no one but me still plays this? So unlikely.
  • Isle of Skye - why don’t we all talk about this? It’s in my top 5.
  • Gugong
  • Condottiere? Anyone?
  • Champion of the Wild?

More likely:

• Exceed Fighting System (seasons 3 (street fighter) and 4 (shovel knight))
  • Pulsar 2849
  • Lancaster
  • Blokus
  • New Frontiers
  • Neom
  • Dark Moon
  • Risk 2210
  • Gladius
  • Cabo / Silver (Amulet)
  • Havoc: The Hundred Years War (a super obscure Funagain title that plays like Condottiere Poker)
  • Nuns on the Run
  • Unstable Unicorns
  • Neuroshima Hex
  • Elfenland (just moved to the sale pile)
  • Tiny Epic Dinosaurs

And just a few of my oldest - surely not the only copies but maybe the only first editions:

• Tigris & Euphrates (Mayfair, no expansion modules)
  • Samurai (got a ding & dent and always wanted a nicer box)
  • Lord of the Rings (Knizia co-op - terrible game but a nice, evocative experience)

Have it

Have it (for mostly nostalgia reasons)

Have and love it. Definitely a top 10 game.

Have it, but the older FFG Silverline edition

Had both first and second edition. Gave away first edition (with the upgrade bits)

Have it

Made my own big box version all packed in the base game box

Have it

Have it, Mayfair edition

Have the 20th Anniversary edition

2 Likes

I also have both of these, but @pillbox beat me to it.

Bonus points: my name is on one of the cards in CotW :sunglasses:

6 Likes

I agree. Interesting to see likeminded spirits here, when the boardgaming world as a whole seems to have forgotten about it.

2 Likes

Still got my BMC. And my Fireball Island 1e in a coffee-table sized box.

Blue Moon City is likely to sell, though; I can’t stand the art and it overlaps with both Istanbul and Ethnos.

More importantly, how is Hands in the Sea? I’m in a frequent state of nearly buying it (invested in Polis instead).

I also recently sold Ingenious but had it for about 20 years.

The Confrontation is a stone cold classic and needs to be reprinted!

1 Like

I knew I could count on you, @Pillbox

2 Likes

I have this one! Good but rarely gets played.

1 Like

My impression of it, so far, is that it is inscrutable. I purchased it during the pandemic with a very specific gaming opponent to try it with; so far, we haven’t had a chance to get it to the table, mostly because I’ve struggled to grok the rules.

Likely, what I need to do, is get it on the table and two-hand-solo it. I’m not sure if the rulebook is bad or I’m just thick.

1 Like

My experience with Few Acres of Snow was similar. I’ve played one game and we were so bogged down by the midpoint that we walked away. It was the right call, but I think the bogging down itself is what we needed to start understanding it. I remain curious.

But, as I said, I went Polis in the end.

1 Like