What are the "unique" zero-overlap games in your collection?

I have that. Played once in boardgame café, bought second-hand, not played since; I should sell it. Apparently there’s a new edition coming out with more translated content.

Not a fan of the big minis games but I do rather like this one. (Yes, kickstarted it, glad of the option not to have a huge pile of plastic tokens, cardboard is fine.)

1 Like

Yep, 1824 remains top tier for me so was interested to try it’s predecessor.

I have this too.

Only played once but it was a positive experience. Very tactical euro with some fun abstracted pick up and deliver vibes. Biggest thing fir me was it’s fast. Should be around a 60 minute game and all those minutes were fun.

1 Like

Reading this my thoughts are a) I don’t have any weird games, b) I have been in this hobby a lot shorter than many on here and c) I feel like my collection is no longer too large.

Trying to think what others might not have
Pitch Car
Loopin’ Louie
Der Verzauberte Turm (not sure what’s called in English, Enchanted Castle?)
Ice Cool
Underwater Cities
The Field of the Cloth of Gold
Cthulu Wars: Duel
Impulse

3 Likes

Lord knows I’ve done my due diligence trying to make this otherwise, but I’ve gotta assume I’m still the only one among us with the bloody glorious Hard City on his shelves? Also maybe Set & Match (I think Tom might have reviewed this and shat all over it?).

As for @pillbox, can we strike Big Trouble in Little China from the list on grounds that there’s gotta be at least one hungry sucker among a given group just dying to get their hands on it?

2 Likes

If it’s a Chudyk, I have it :smiling_face:

3 Likes

Is it good? Only played it once

1 Like

I like it, I think, but I also need to play it more to really decide.

1 Like

I have this.

Experiencing it vicariously, for my part : )

3 Likes

Got these :grin:

3 Likes

I think for me:
Igloo pop - a 90% audio and 10% feel based game

Deception - a narrative construction game (I learnt yesterday the expansion and base game all fit into the much smaller expansion box -just) - I don’t consider this social deduction iirc.

Hey Yo - a rhythm based card playing game

Custom heroes - a ladder game but with card crafting. I might have another ladder game in Scout.

5 Likes

I was just searching my secondary list of potentials, and was surprised to see a hit for Shahrazad in this thread (given that I was up to date reading the replies). It clearly didn’t register for me at the time. That’s another one we have in common, though.

2 Likes

Following the thread I have a few more candidates, I admit my first list was composed of the ones I had previously wondered why nobody mentioned them plus some real weirdos.

So here are some more:

• Red Rising—overproduced Stonemaier IP take on Fantasy Realms. I like the game just fine and will definitely keep it.
  • Roll Camera—cooperative movie inventing
  • Troyes Dice (someone else had it but got rid of it the forum suggests)
  • Cryo (afaik @VictorViper sold it)
  • Faiyum (also already gone from at least one collection, I admit on wavering about keeping it, it is on my huge backlog of games bought during the pandemic I want to get to a larger table at least once)
  • Voll Verplant—R&W only available in German atm, I like it quite a bit. It includes route building
  • Kyoto—negotiation game with an environmental theme
  • Secrets~( + @pillbox)—hidden identity game with cold war theme, I bought after seeing SUSD review so I‘d be surprised if this doesn‘t get removed from the list quickly.
  • Ankh—at least nobody but me mentioned it? I blame the cheap price and SVWAG gushing about it
  • Brew—dice placement area majority potion brewing
  • Dwellings of Eldervale? Anyone else?
2 Likes

I had Faiyum, found it a bit dull.

I really want to try Felicity: Cat in the Sack

2 Likes

I have it.

I have it.

I have it.

I have it.

This is currently on the way to me, so I’ll count it.

Terrible Monster, Dale of Merchants, Mythos Tales have been sold.

Here are my possibly unique titles:

• 1840: maybe some of the 18XXers here have it? Probably @pillbox.
  • 1889: PnP, AFAIK this has never been widely available
  • Arche Nova: has this hit the English speaking parts of the world yet?
  • Argent: The Consortium
  • Assault on Doomrock: I backed the original Indiegogo campaign, sold and repurchased it
  • Bios: Origins: sold Genesis and Megafauna, but Origins is a very interesting take on civ games
  • Castle Itter
  • Claustrophobia 1643
  • Crystal Palace
  • Ingenious: @lalunaverde probably has this
  • Empyreal: Spells & Steam
  • Flick 'em Up!: Dead of Winter
  • Fresh Fish
  • Galaxy Defenders: incredibly underrated XCOM-style (battle, no base building) game
  • Lord of the Rings: The Confrontation: which is readily available in German
  • König von Siam: more widely available as The King is Dead
  • Lux Aeterna
  • Mystic Vale: on its way out
  • Nine Tiles Panic: BGB talked about it when it came out, but I haven’t heard much about it since
  • Nefertiti
  • Omen: A Reign of War
  • Pax Porfiriana: less talked about than Pamir and Renaissance
  • Polynesia
  • SpaceCorp: 2025-2300AD: this is my not-really-guilty pleasure, one of the few games I own purely for the excellent theme. This might be of interest for @yashima
  • Strasbourg: forgotten auction game by Stefan Feld
  • Tokyo Tsukiji Market
  • Warpgate: thanks SVWAG
  • Whale Riders: again, thanks SVWAG
1 Like

I’ve got this

1 Like

And have played this but don’t own it

1 Like

I’ve got this.

1 Like

I have this

And this

1 Like

Own them

• 1889 : PnP, AFAIK this has never been widely available

Soon… :eyes: :eyes: :eyes:

Nope. Love it but sold it.

1 Like

Played it only a couple of times, but I enjoy the compact space game it provides.

1 Like