V-Commandos: Starter

The rest of us follow, and medic will apply first-aid. Retaining the kit on 5-6:
@discobot roll 1d6

:game_die: 6

Thanks. Next turn, trigger the charges, descend and save?

Enemies are reinforced and move north, but don’t spot us. On turn 13 we set off the charges and get out, with +1 AP all round.

Turn 14

Special rules:

• if anyone’s visible on a tile adjacent to the Panzer during the enemy shooting step, they get shot (explosion effect).
  • we have to get the cannon (first objective) to one of the small outdoor tiles adjacent to the Panzer;
  • then use it to shoot the Panzer (2 AP)
  • then get into the large tile, onto the Panzer (1 AP), and throw a grenade down the hatch (1 AP, does no harm to characters on the tile).

Which last looks like a job for the Scout with saved AP…

Certainly does. Want to start by the medic silently shooting the guard on the first objective? Shall the scout head north with a view to turning off the alarm?

Worth a try. Medic comes up, shoots potentially twice for 3:

@discobot roll 4d6

:game_die: 6, 4, 2, 1

Drops: uniform. Given that we don’t know how the reinforcements will move, I think the medic will stay here for now.

Scout comes up (1), moves east (1, for him), collects the uniform, moves north (1) and saves.

How about the sapper comes up (1) moves east (2), collects the objective and moves it east (1)?

Possible but risky - I haven’t checked the remaining event cards, but an E or W move means a spotting check.

Even if he’s blatant in the medium tile, if someone sees him and he uses a saved AP to shoot them, he’s visible and the reinforcement from the other side can shoot him.

OK, let’s just have him come up and save.

Ah, an amendment to the scout’s orders, if I can. Take another move north instead of saving, so that I won’t get enemy moving onto me.

I note that there’s not a lot of point in killing the alarm, because there’s a 2-character limit on this terrain anyway. Unless one of us were to hide down the trapdoor, but I don’t think that’s worth it.

Oops. I’ll stick to my amended move then, and look to come back south next turn to help you with the slaughter that will be necessary to get the anti-tank gun into position.

• Enemy reinforcements
    enemy-2
    enemy-2
    enemy-1
    enemy-2
    enemy-1
    enemy-1
  • Enemy movement (“Close Combat”) is N.
  • No enemy fire

Turn 15

Can we get to the southern small tile and be in stealth? Probably, given the lack of need for stealth getting there. Sapper shoots up to twice, then moves E twice, shooting N from the medium tile if there’s a spare AP. Ditto the medic. Then the scout should be able to get round and save an AP.

Looks good to me - go ahead.

One or two shots from the Sapper, needing a single 3+:

@discobot roll 3d6