Triplanetary… play by forum

:game_die: 2, 2

r1 drifts.

@Lordof1 to play.

Thrust A and strap on my prospectin’ pants.

Thanks re the circles. I admit that had passed me by - there wasn’t much coasting in previous games.

Sorry, got that wrong - @denisbloodnok to play, as the final player in turn 4. @Lordof1, I’ll apply your order next.

Coast again, please.

MrTim’s orders won’t affect mine for turn 5; z1 and z2 both coast.

Lordof1 prospecting:

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 6, 3

There is ore under l1! Woo hoo, sell yer granny and load up the wagon.

r1 drifts.

@denisbloodnok to play.

I think the asteroids just left by z2 should be greyed out, yes?

Done, thanks – that’ll show up on the next update.

Whoop woop! My lucky prospectin’ pants worked out! When do I drop my thingy? Next turn? Do I need to stop completely to do it? Sorry, hard for me to scroll back to read all the previous, I think I need to stop then drop, if you’ll pardon the expression. Is that right?

With an automated mine, you come to a halt on turn X, emplace on turn X+1, and can move away again on turn X+2. (“Only one mine may be placed per asteroid hex; placement requires the miner’s ship to stand still for one turn, and takes place in the movement phase.”)

Stop the ship, drop the equip’, and roll in that ore - strip strip strip.
Well worth the trip.

1 Like

I’ll have an E. If I don’t find anything, my next move will be to coast. Sorry not to have preplotted a few obvious moves as others have.

I think I know now why not to take a transport and 3 mines in setup. Also, 10 fuel’s not a lot! I was used to these alien warships with 20 on a one-way trip.

Prospecting in 1636:

@discobot roll 2d6

:game_die: 1, 4

Nothing found.

@Lordof1 to play…

Yes, 10 fuel means serious thought about every expenditure. 20 has been enough to get into trouble in most parts of the map and get home again.

Should have gone for a packet. It’s like the carnivore/herbivore ecosystem…

A packet would have been hilarious, but I didn’t see much profit in disrupting one random opponent’s early game; I think two transports and a mine is the way to go, given the low density of mine sites and ability to harvest from anyone’s mine.

Speaking of which, a question: you can raid anyone’s mine, but can you only put robot guards on a mine you originally dropped? I could go with “no, mines have no ownership at all” (implicit from the ability to raid them) or “yes, the rules differentiate claim jumpers and the owner, and say that guards ‘prevent anyone other than the owner’ from collecting ore”.