Tokyo Metro PbP - Recruitment and discussion thread

From BGG:

In TOKYO METRO , players take on the role of private investors looking to build up stations across Tokyo, speculate on train lines, and comprise a shared network to benefit multiple parties. The core of the game is built around worker placement, which opens up three possibilities:

• Walking and riding trains across the Metro map, in order to build new stations at advantageous locations for income when trains pass through.

• Investment into train lines, either by purchasing stock and becoming a shareholder in the line, or by speculating on a train line you do not own stock in, in order to potentially double your speculation.

• Build up your available actions, by purchasing more action discs, purchasing discarded action cards for personal use, or gaining tokens for a specific use.

Any interest? It plays up to five, and I’d probably run it (without taking part) using screenshots from the TTS mod:

1 Like

I read the first sentence as ‘private investigators’ and spent the rest of it being very confused.

I’ve got a few PbP’s going currently so I’ll probably say no. However, if you need a 4th or 5th player then I’ll happily make up the numbers (and come last)

4 Likes

I’ll catch the next game. I’d really jump right on this one but I’ve got too much going on right now. Shame, since it means I won’t learn enough about the game until after the current Kickstarter finishes.

1 Like