The Resistance - lofi PbP Recruitment

I got my copy of The Resistance from a maths trade yesterday. However I only have 4 people in my household so can’t play it. I want to live vicariously through you guys so I was hoping to GM a game on here.

It’ll be a lofi (low fi, lo fi??) affair. I’ll send photos of cards and take votes via PM.

If you don’t know the game, its social deduction. Neilan from BGB says it is his favourite game of all time, Mark Bigney is also a fan. It needs a minimum of 5 and a maximum of 10 players. It’ll need lots of public table talk, name calling and wild accusations to maximise the potential of the game.

Here is a Wil Wheaton playthrough

This should be the rules
https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/A1XedGicQYS.pdf

1 Like

Happy to play. If you like, I’d be happy to run it - I’ve done this quite a few times before. (In PBF form it does need a dedicated game master, or trustworthy software support.)

One thing to note from that playthrough: they don’t reject enough mission proposals. Seeing how people vote is one of the main ways of getting information about them.

1 Like

Thanks. I feel like I’ve got a lot out of PbP in the last few months so I’d like to give back to the community.

The rule you could clarify for me is what happens if the proposed team is rejected. I believe the leader token moves to the left, and the new leader selects a new team. If 5 proposed teams are rejected (in total, or in a row?) then the spy team wins.

2 Likes

Yes. The use of the Leader token is to make it so that the next mission proposal is always made by the person to the left of the person who proposed the previous mission, whether the proposal succeeds or fails (and indeed whether the mission passes or fails).

The 5-rejection limit is per mission: you can reject four teams for mission 1, then three for mission 2, and that’s fine. An optimisation for BGG PBFs is that proposal #5 for any given mission gets sent automatically - there’s no point voting over it, since any chance of avoiding an instant loss is better than no chance, so any rebel will vote for it and therefore any spy should too. (And a vote in PBF takes longer than a live vote, because you have to wait for everyone to get their messages in.) For reasons I don’t understand, being in the right place in player order to make this proposal is known as having the “hammer”.

1 Like

I’d be down :kissing_heart: :+1:

1 Like

Are you planning to play over days?

I don’t know how it would work over many days but this web app is ace

1 Like