The Megagame Megathread

#Rave-nado

1 Like

Sounds like someone needs to check out the center of that tornado. Probably full of lucky charms.

1 Like

Quote of the day.

“Surely they wouldn’t destroy our whole team?” - Ross

2 Likes

I hope the “they” in your quote are rave-nados. The first one showed up, decided it was good and brought it’s friends.

2 Likes

Quick update- Battled a monster of darkness, everyone got injured, gained a Druid.

2 Likes

Update!

I have had absolutely no influence on the game today…

2 Likes

Update! We made it all the way to the quarter finals and lost by a single point.

With less than 24 hours to go the political game seems to be close to collapse. Having no experience at all of the political sub game I have decided to run for PM banking on my complete incompetence to see me through.

#Last Turn Madness

4 Likes

Spent last Thursday helping to test a new online version of watch the skies. Played as the US, failed to nuke anyone.

2 Likes

I feel like “not nuking anyone” should be a success.

2 Likes

It was part game/ part try out. I could have nuked Australia next turn when we stopped. Russia had just tried to shoot down UFOs over China only for France to block the attack by placing their own aircraft in the line of fire.

(Something that we talked about was consistency of reality, I would need a damn good reason to nuke a sovereign country. Traditionally the response of a control in a megagame would be ‘An American president would never do that.’ Please note the use of the word traditionally.)

2 Likes

Also, here’s a link to my write up of the Owl League that me and @jgf1123 participated in.

4 Likes

It appears that Megagames are returning to the real world.

It looks like the Megagame groups in the U.K. are announcing games for the end of the year.

Megagame coalition looking to start with some cyberpunk and a partially bot controlled watch the skies, and Megagame Makers beginning with a game about policing superheroes and the ever popular Washington conference (On the 100th anniversary of the real thing no doubt!)

1 Like

From the Megagame alliance discord…

<@!357311006218649600> is pleased to announce the release of the interest form for Gods’ Wars! Gods’ Wars is a Play by Email Megagame, sponsored by OMEGA, where players take on the role of demigods competing to Ascend to Godhood. The setting for this competition is London in the 1880s- but with equality among sexes, races, and sexualities. During the game, you will try to impress the Olympian Gods of the Greek pantheon through romancing NPCs, solving mysteries, fighting monsters, and more! In the end, will you be tempted by power? Or will you choose love?

Please complete the interest form here: https://forms.gle/egAwWbNw7VRwLjfA6
You can also read our preliminary rulebook here: Preliminary Rulebook for Gods' Wars - Google Docs
You can read some in game lore here: Gods' Wars Lore and Reference Guide - Google Docs
*This is just the interest form. Signups for this game will be sent out around October 1st to the email provided in the interest form.

1 Like
2 Likes

As eluded to elsewhere. Saturday there’s a hybrid Megagame occurring, which has just lost a couple of players.

Follow the link if you’re interested. (Via discord)

1 Like

My Write up of last weeks Bad Moon Rising from Swindon/Online is below.

Bad_Moon_Rising.pdf (628.1 KB)

1 Like

UR.pdf (309.3 KB)

A write up of a play be email game I undertook over 7 weeks. Quite a few emails. (1400 sent and received.)

3 Likes

As if I wasn’t talking about space enough at the moment…

https://www.tickettailor.com/events/treehouse2/1188517/r/mg

[mod edit to remove Facebook tracking parameter]

1 Like