The Crowdfunding Thread

Have any of you played Circadians: First Light ? The KS for the second game in the series is up and I am wondering… my geekbuddy analysis just lets me know some reviewers liked it. I vaguely remember seeing it at Spiel and being interested but then I bought Architects of the WK that year and that was that.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/shem/circadians-chaos-order-first-light-2nd-edition?ref=discovery&term=chaos%20order

The second one has a very purple cover. So I am interested. (Yeah. What can I say. Colors.) And hex fields. Hex fields are the best fields.

4 Likes

I finally got Brick & Mortar from the mail. Hopefully this would work with the econ clique

1 Like

Its refreshing to see a KS campaign with no exclusives

2 Likes

Circadians was a nice game with some interesting mechanisms going for it. I gave it a shot and played a few solo games, but ultimately passed it on. Good, but didn’t have the hooks needed to stick around. The fact that my group was lukewarm about playing it due to the art didn’t help, though I happen to like the art.

2 Likes

2nd edition gets new art. It does look prettier.
I am more interested in the new game though. Area control…

2 Likes

27 posts were split to a new topic: Game art and graphic design and how important they are to you

We’ve had had an eye on Dice Throne for a while and as somewhat-fans of the Marvel franchise this looks exciting at first glance:

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/dicethrone/marvel-dice-throne

(haven’t had time for more than a first glance. But it includes most of my favorite characters from the MCU)

But it seems like a fair enough offer for a big package of game:
$84 for the pledge (there is 1 level)
$20 for the shipping (to Zone 2, no customs shenanigans)
+19% VAT
( a couple of addons like sleeves, dicetray and playmats are also available)

No stretch goals, includes plans for how they plan to do retail… seeing how the setup of the Kickstarter was done, I feel like we’re going in a better direction with some of those recent ones.

Biggest gripe: those plastic hero trays. I am sure we could go with cardboard variants for this. But I guess that is more difficult to produce than plastic?

So I ended up adding beast and voidfall to my Kickstarter backlog.

There is a cull coming and it will be merciless.

6 Likes

Resisting the hype for Skyrim the Board Game so far. Even though my search engine and social media logarithm seems to enjoy bombarding me with adds from it…

5 Likes

Welp, the game that’s top 3 on my “buy it next” list, Honey Buzz, just got a new Kickstarter for the expansion.

It’s been really hard to find the base game in the UK, but this KS is expensiiiiiiive.

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/brentdickman/honey-buzz-fall-flavors

4 Likes

I think that given the increase on shipping costs generally, this is going to be the trend in the next few months, if not years.

2 Likes

I read that they also put out an explanation on why they were launching another Kickstarter while they still had outstanding projects. Apparently came down to cash flow. At least it’s honest.

2 Likes

Some updates: I finally got Mainline Magazine by Traxx. A magazine for train gamers.

Received Keyper and Keyper at Sea. As I love Keyflower, I’m very keen on trying out the series.

I got hit by the VAT + Shipping on the Reiner Knizia’s Criminal Capers Collection. Oof. But Bitewings are small timers so I’m fine backing their project.

I backed Travis D. Hill’s Union Station Unlike Card Rails, this one is available to the UK. I’m happy to back it because I have doubts of getting this on UK retail.

Dandelions and Psychic Pizza Deliverers Go to the Ghost Town is the other one. I’m still keen on whatever boardgametables.com releases. This one I could have skipped, but based on their previous titles, they are hard to find on retail.

What else am I waiting for

• Night of the Mummy
  • Guards of Atlantis
  • Spirits of the Forest: Moonlight expansion
  • 18Mag
  • 1860: Railways on the Isle of Wight
  • Fjords
  • Factory Funner/Bear Raid/Ghost of Christmas
  • John Company 2nd ed
3 Likes

I am still waiting to even preorder the German edition… the pre-order is supposed to launch in February. Which is when localisation apparently starts…

They just send an update… they are definitely one of my Kickstarters who tried to wait out the shipping crisis… but apparently they’ve given up on that and expect to be in a container “soonish”

I want my Factory Funner now! :smiley:

You’re right about boardgametables… mostly. Kabuto Sumo is available in select retail places. Also, the good stuff gets localized and I get a second chance :slight_smile:

As for that. The other day the announcement for the “no shipping, no customs issues” German edition of Distilled came in :slight_smile: So I’ll be heading over to Spieleschmiede to back that–I skipped the kickstarter due to exorbitant shipping.

3 Likes

I have a PnP of this, but it looks nice

3 Likes

Well, I broke my cherry! My first landed Kickstarter is here. A little indy project, that I cannot wait to try, Badlands Wolves art looks amazing, and a handy little card game.

Besides that little bit o a nick on the top of the box, I am very excited to try it.

5 Likes

The Voidfall pledgemanager came in. (Mostly) Paranoid techie that I am—of course I am not using the same email address on kickstarter that I have for my gamefound account. One of them could get hacked or send my email address to spammers (case in point my ks email address has an index 2 added because this happened and I had to kill the old address).

Yay for my pledge not showing up on gamefound when I follow the links from the eMail. One should think that they might have thought about people using more than 1 email address. In one direction email addresses are unique: emails to the same address always reach that person to whom it belongs and not sometimes a different one. However, assuming that 1 person can always be identified by the same email address is just wrong.

6 Likes

Just had something similar with a patch submitted through github to a project that requires the email address embedded in the commit to match the one on github to match the one that signed their contributor licence agreement.

3 Likes

A quick email to support fixed this way too easily. I am not quite sure they had all the assurances that this was indeed my pledge. Ah well… whatever mine now shows up.

2 Likes

I was weak, and updated my pledge for Arydia including the reprint of Xia: Legends of a Drift System:roll_eyes: :roll_eyes:

Call it my B’day present… plus it is out of print…

6 Likes