The Crowdfunding Thread

I feel like so you’ve been eaten has to be mean. It’s baked into the theme!

1 Like

Rahdo is the boy who cried “this game is mean”. It’s lost all meaning.

4 Likes

Yes and yes. I know. It is like him saying a game is sharp. But then two player is hard on this table for similar reasons :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I just bought in on the late pledge for Rallyman Dirt through Gamefound. One game of GT has me in a bit of an “OMG I can’t even” fluster. So good.

3 Likes

I have been wondering about it for a while. It is incoming on some of my OGS… I have been meaning to check it out on BGA to see if I should preorder

1 Like

It’s a quick ruleset, beautifully written, and I’d guess the online implementation wouldn’t be too much of a bear to wrangle (hope there are track presets!). It’s certainly wouldn’t be too much work to take a look first if you’re considering plunking down the cash.

[EDIT] I think it’s worth a particular mention, @yashima, that while I’m thrilled that my partner got along with it nicely (seriously, huge win), it’s absolutely a game I’ll be soloing a lot. You could 6-hand this thing no problem and that’s not even getting into the comprehensive (but simple!) solo/time trial rules and community.

[Double EDIT]

Just saw this elsewhere and wanted to put on the brakes. This is a big ol’ push your luck fest.

4 Likes

This is a bit wild:

Not entirely sure what to make of it, the business model seems to be the most interesting thing about it.

I joined a group pledge for Theurgy - suppose to be a mini-less “area control on a budget”, but not really. I’m happy to give it a shot.

Board Game Tables was solid with Bites and Q.E. Haven’t played Kabuto Sumo nor Loot of Lima yet. JacCCMF (train gamer and infamously won by bankrupting herself) loved Bear Raid, so I’ll give it a shot

4 Likes

Board Game Tables is a local company to me. I really want to support their Kickstarter… I’m just not sure about pledging. I have a copy of Factory Funner (2nd hand, missing some bits) but $34 + tax is too rich for a game I already have.

I’ll have to wait around to see how Bear Raid does.

2 Likes

Ryan Courtney piqued my interest. Also a simple(ish) stocks game where you can sell, I’m interested.

Not sure about Factory Funner and I’m unsure. Is it good?

3 Likes

Dont know yet. Need to look into the other two before I back it

2 Likes

I’ve been waiting for the new Factory Funner…
Bear Raid looks intriguing and seems to have brilliant timing with all the chaos surrounding GME.
Not sure about the third one…

I’ll need a night or two to sleep on this. (And I also need sleep)

PS: Zee Garcia is a fan of Factory Funner I am sure he made a review somewhere, it’s been in his Top 100 consistenly and the way he talks about it makes me want to play. It’s weird to see this with the guy who made Curious Cargo and Pipeline in the same kickstarter but he designed the stocks game instead.

5 Likes

Hopefully no-one’s Kickstarters are stuck!

(Railroad Ink made it safely through)

4 Likes

Ooh, I’ll be keeping an eye on the Admiralty Courts for that one…

(Admiralty Court writeups are often very funny. Both sides have agreed not to mention that both captains were evidently drunk out of their skulls, and they’re just trying to determine who made the greater mistake…)

3 Likes

I’m glad Captain Snuggles is still getting jobs.

5 Likes

When I started backing Kickstarters, I had no idea I was going to get this well informed about global logistics and supply chains.

5 Likes

I don’t understand why people care so much and want to track them. I rarely back kickstarters and l just leave them alone, rather than minute by minute boat updates

3 Likes

And then you find out how many countries China imports raw materials from to feed its factories!

2 Likes

I don’t go out of my way for tracking. I just read the updates they send by email… every once in a while I either get worried a package won’t arrive (Spirit Island) or I get really excited about something (Oath) and then I will check what is going on regularly.

1 Like

Railroad Ink was my first boardgame Kickstarter, I’ve found it fascinating to be able to peek into the world of shipping - especially as we approached and passed the original rough ETA. It’s like an Amazon parcel on steroids. Each to their own though.

5 Likes