The Crowdfunding Thread

I dunno, this was shipped anywhere in the world for $3.

2 Likes

Well, reviewing my pledges, I am listed on 5:

-Northguard: Uncharted Lands
-Endless Winter
-Bardsung (late pledge, I was sold by the writers collaborating)
-Townsfolf Tussle
-ISS Vanguard (on Gamefound)

They all look promising, but time will tellā€¦

2 Likes

As of last week with receiving my War of Whispers KS, I have nothing pending and no plans to back anything for the foreseeable future. I have plenty of games that sit unplayed, and I hope to remedy that rather than purchase more. Any expenditures will go more towards expansion content for games I already have and enjoy than new stuff.

8 Likes

Finally got Newspeak

9 Likes

Well, it looks like All-Aboard Games will be getting more of my money:

Iā€™m a big fan of 1862, Mike Huttonā€™s sequel to 1860. 1860 is often cited as the ā€œbestā€ 2-player 18xx game. Itā€™s been tragically out of print for quite some time, after ZMan published it and it did not do well. Fortunately, 18xx has had a resurgence and small publishers like All-Aboard Games is capable making a go of it.

4 Likes

11 to go! :smiley:

Or, 10, I suppose, since you want to be under 12.

8 Likes

Backing this. No question lmao

1 Like

Alternatively, for an authenic 1860s feel, go to the actual Isle of Wight.

9 Likes

Well played.

2 Likes

I have rode the trains in Isle of Wight. Thereā€™s the old Tube train that goes from Shanklin to Ryde. If Iā€™m not wrong itā€™s the only commercial passenger train, and it runs on the eastern side of the island.

Thereā€™s also the cutesy touristy steam train. I forgot where it was exactly

6 Likes

Hmmm, the Isle of Wight, nice memoriesā€¦ Is there no board game covering it specifically?

2 Likes

Stone Age?

Seriously though, I have been to the Isle of Wight a few times and it is quite nice there, but even in the late 80s it felt at least 30 years had passed by without any changes.

2 Likes

Last I was there was probably 2017 auditing a small meat processor (on a Friday of course) and the feeling is still there, the gap probably extending from 30 to 40 years behind. Which is nice.

1 Like

David Tzurci made a 2 player Brass variant on the IOW

1 Like

Niceā€¦ butā€¦ is that Brass without industry? And a single train line?

2 Likes

Brass: Isle of Wight ā€“ No Canals, No Rails, Just Sheep

2 Likes

Bonus point if you mass produce needles.

Iā€™ll leave.

3 Likes

I thought they had more Cowes than sheep?

3 Likes

I donā€™t think anyone posted the edition of Martin Wallaceā€™s Tinnerā€™s Trail. I hadnā€™t heard of it before and it doesnā€™t seem like anything particularly unique when there are so many options for Euros out there. But it does look very nice:

It seems fairly heavily redesigned from whatever Wallaceā€™s original game mechanics were, though presumably retains the core experience which I think is an interesting approach.

1 Like

Iā€™ve heard uneven opinions on Tinnersā€™ Trail and, to some degree, suspect some people like it because it was, until the last couple of years when it was reintroduced to the zeitgeist, a lesser known title from a famed designer.

Definitely one Iā€™ll be keeping an eye out for when it hits retail.

1 Like