Tekelilicon UK/Europe 2022, 13-14 August, Bourne End Community Library

FUSE: A game I have owned since before the pandemic (I think), but have never played.

6 Likes

That’s a fancy looking copy of Colt Express! Has someone been at the 3D printer?

It looks like a good time :slight_smile: Hopefully we’ll be able to make it if there’s a next time :crossed_fingers:

8 Likes

[shifty look] Maybe.

After I got the painted meeples in a maths trade it seemed impolite not to improve the loot too.

7 Likes

What a fun day! Lovely meeting and playing with all you fine folks :slight_smile:

8 Likes

That looks much more usable than the fiddly cardboard tokens!

6 Likes

7 Likes

Oooh! Coldwater Crown!

I had forgotten about this little gem

3 Likes

It is the first picture from the con I’ve not recognised or heard of.

Quickly to BGG, forthwith!

4 Likes

An excellent weekend thank you so much @RogerBW for organising! Lovely to meet all of you, and special thanks to @mistercrayon for letting us try many of your games (you truly deserve your subtitle) and @Kyuss for being a very subtle traitor and generally excellent gaming company.

Here’s some of my pics from the con:

Rush and Crush - team zombie was unfairly victimised, as are many undead everywhere.

Colt Express - complete with not-Delorian (and @SteveB_uk how did you end up back in the stagecoach?)

Unfathomable - supposed to be very long and complex but felt like it moved at a good pace, really really enjoyed this (4 players here… and @mistercrayon learned which end of a boat is the front (clue: the pointy end)).

Lemminge - a really fun game as ever, although didn’t win, as ever.

The climbers - I think… may have got the title wrong. @RogerBW not in shot, but who came in a valiant 5th place.

Shamans - in which I was incredibly proud of my amazing girlfriend who switched sides at the last moment and killed everyone else at the table except me in a spectacular finish.

Tear it up - or something similar? The one game I won. It turns out that I have one talent, and that talent is destroying money.

Z-ball? Or something similar. This is a gloating shot I took of me right next to the finish line, to show how far every other player was behind me.

I came in second.

13 Likes

Yes, the block game is The Climbers.

Rip Off is the tearing-up-money game.

“Z-ball” is the name for those yellow balls with the strange dynamics. This specific game is Roadzters.

All locked up and keys returned. Thanks to everyone who attended or supported. It is absolutely my intention to have another one of these, ideally on a less hot and less train-strikey weekend.

(The library staff didn’t talk about “air conditioning” at all - they said “oh and I think you can use this heater for cool air” in a sort of unenthusiastic way…)

As for Coldwater Crown I know basically nothing about competitive fishing so in effect it’s an abstract set-collection for me – but in spite of usually not liking low-theme Euros it’s one I really enjoy.

11 Likes

I very luckily programmed my very first move to be up to the roof of the stagecoach. It didn’t happen because I’d already been punched back to the train, so it took me up to the roof of the train… where Shotgun Man was waiting to shoot me back onto the roof of the coach. Then I got punched again… into Shotgun Man, who helpfully put me back on the coach. Very lucky last round :slight_smile:

8 Likes

Luckier than mine! That dang Marshall!

5 Likes

Delighted a good time was had by all. Hurrah!
‘Next year in …Chepping Wycombe’?

6 Likes

Do you think there will be another @RogerBW ?

5 Likes

Absolutely! The only question is when.

7 Likes

There is only one RogerBW!

5 Likes

Thanks to @RogerBW for making this happen and to everyone who was able to attend and make it such a fun weekend. Sarah and I had a wonderful time.

Special thanks to Dave and Alison for suffering through my extremely poor recollection of the Tang Gardens rules <3

6 Likes

Thanks to generosity of attending and supporting members, there is a total of £123.48 over the room hire cost, which I’ll apply to the server hosting bills. Thank you all!!

19 Likes

Awesome!!!

2 Likes

That was a champion weekend!

Huge, massive, bigly thanks to Roger for organising.

It was an absolute delight meeting Steve, Kunal, Nick and Shawna, and meeting up again with some of Roger’s regulars.

Personal highlights for me where, in no order of preference: Colt Express being even more fun than I hoped it would be at a high player count; being killed in Shawna’s majestic and brutal winning move at Shamans - the stuff of gaming legends!; Rush ‘n’ Crush being as much fun as Roger made it sound when he and I spoke about on the podcast; winning a game of Robo Rally (I never win Roborally!); and laughing until it almost hurt playing Roadzters.

Can’t wait for the next one! :grinning:

14 Likes