Tekelilicon UK/Europe 2022, 13-14 August, Bourne End Community Library

There is only one RogerBW!

5 Likes

Thanks to @RogerBW for making this happen and to everyone who was able to attend and make it such a fun weekend. Sarah and I had a wonderful time.

Special thanks to Dave and Alison for suffering through my extremely poor recollection of the Tang Gardens rules <3

6 Likes

Thanks to generosity of attending and supporting members, there is a total of £123.48 over the room hire cost, which I’ll apply to the server hosting bills. Thank you all!!

19 Likes

Awesome!!!

2 Likes

That was a champion weekend!

Huge, massive, bigly thanks to Roger for organising.

It was an absolute delight meeting Steve, Kunal, Nick and Shawna, and meeting up again with some of Roger’s regulars.

Personal highlights for me where, in no order of preference: Colt Express being even more fun than I hoped it would be at a high player count; being killed in Shawna’s majestic and brutal winning move at Shamans - the stuff of gaming legends!; Rush ‘n’ Crush being as much fun as Roger made it sound when he and I spoke about on the podcast; winning a game of Robo Rally (I never win Roborally!); and laughing until it almost hurt playing Roadzters.

Can’t wait for the next one! :grinning:

14 Likes

Man, this just sounds fun. America is so… big.

I think there may be a dozen of us a day’s drive from Cincinnati?

3 Likes

Everyone is just a day’s drive from Cincinnati…

If you can drive fast enough… :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

9 Likes
1 Like

According to the Internet, I’m about a 10 hour drive from Cincinnati.

Is Cincinnati really the optimal nexus?

2 Likes

34 posts were split to a new topic: Where Should We Get Together, Anyway?

Looks like it was a great day. Hopefully I’ll be able to make the next one, rather than roasting in France

5 Likes

It was still roasting lol.

4 Likes

Sorry to go a bit off topic, but, out of curiosity, have we got a list of who made it last weekend?

Apologies for being nosey. At least I don’t gossip… :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

RogerBW, Lordof1 +1, MichaelCule, Kyuss, mistercrayon, SteveB_uk, Doctor.Ace +1, and three more people without forum accounts.

6 Likes

Non- forumers, what’s wrong with these people get them indoctrinated forthwith.

6 Likes

Working on it. I did warn them that if they signed up they’d get badges. :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Are badges the subtext after the name? I suggest starting with “Participant.”

I have (had) several trophies to that extent.

3 Likes

No, I wrote a hingmy to pull the username, name, title and icon off the API and print them on an actual sticky label that people could wear.

4 Likes

“Recognition of Exceptional Spatial Occupation”

2 Likes