Spiel des Jahres 2022

Kids

[Auch schon clever | Board Game | BoardGameGeek] (Auch schon clever | Board Game | BoardGameGeek) - Baby Ganz

Mit Quacks & Co. nach Quedlinburg | Board Game | BoardGameGeek - Baby Quacks

Magic Mountain | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Normal SdJ

Cascadia | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

SCOUT | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Top Ten | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Advance (Kenner)

Cryptid | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Dune: Imperium | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Living Forest | Board Game | BoardGameGeek

Some more details here including other reccomends:

Spiel des Jahres Nominations for 2022: Cascadia, Scout, and Top Ten | BoardGameGeek News | BoardGameGeek

I have no idea about Top Ten. I’d like Scout to win the normal one - I think Cascadia has a good shout though but I think it’d be the super safety choice.

Of the non nominated recommends I really want to try Khora,

3 Likes

Since some of these were published before 2022, do they appear here because they were released in Germany in 2022?

4 Likes

Yeah, the qualifying year is the year a game gets it’s German language edition published. Maybe that’s the only criteria for inclusion, I can’t remember if other stuff affects but I think it’s just that.

3 Likes

Yeah I think this is correct. It’s based on the previous year and released in German. I think with Cryptid they were right to take their time and get the translations right.

2 Likes

Two nominations for Wolfgang Warsch in the kids section is good to see, enjoy his games a lot. Look forward to his next big box game.

1 Like

Interestingly, in 2018 Wolfgang Warsch got two nominations for both of the parent games.

1 Like

It’s mind boggling the same man made The Mind - basically as close to an abstract activity you can get while still being a game - Ganz Shon Clever - the most naked distilation of euro combo games and Quacks - some weird silliness!

2 Likes

The winners are:

Kids: Magic Mountain

Normal:Cascadia

Advance: Living forest.

I’m not really surprised by any of these. Glad living forest got the nod. Cascadia I can see how it won but it’s a bit of a bland game imo.

4 Likes

have you played Living Forest? it is the one game I have not played…

I’ve only played it on board game arena. I really like it -this nice trio of tasks which each relate to separate win conditions but each one requires a tiny bit of involvement in the other two.

1 Like