Secret Santa: chat, wild speculation, and photos

We’ll be getting our tree today so I can post an update of how it looks under the tree… and since we won’t be at home for any of the celebrations this year, I’ll probably open it for 4th Advent instead which is next Sunday to be able to maybe get in a play of whatever it is… the size of the package feels like it should be something I can either play solo or with two people :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So… today is the 4th Advent and since we don’t have any presents to open during the family part of the holidays I thought it was the best day to find out what my secret Santa and their helpers have sent me :slight_smile:

I am starting to have an idea about where Santa lives… because not only does the color scheme of those coasters absolutely match the game but those are Scottish mountains and I am guessing those won’t be available everywhere!

I am looking forward very much to playing Watergate… we just recently saw “Vice” which kind of starts out with Watergate and so I am even more interested now.

Thank you very much dear Santa. Both game and coasters are spot on! Although both have the color of coal now that I think about it… hmmm… :wink:

9 Likes

So in my Secret Santa package there was a small packet labelled “Lebkuchen Gewürz”.

And we have a house guest who got all Enthusiastic.

And I have a 3D printer so I could make a meeple-cutter.

And so this happened:

Thanks again, You Know Who You Are!

13 Likes

Where did you find the meeple cookie cutter files? Need to tell my local friend with the 3D printer :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Scaled down to half in X and Y, 12.7mm Z.

5 Likes

Well after holding off curiousity till Christmas Day and getting 10 minutes quiet from the kids. I opened my gift.

Really very generous Santa! And a maze is most definitely a board game (it was on a board right)

Totally thrilled. This will be getting played this week for sure!

9 Likes

So, we had a few play of our secret santa gift (reminder: it was the Micro Macro). And, woah, what a fun game.
It is essentially a cross between hidden folk, or where’s Waldo and Sherlock Holmes. The brilliant thing is this ginormous map where every cases happen, that you have to look over. We almost binged through it, but thankfully the holidays gave us some excuses to enjoy it a bit more and at a slower pace. But it is so very fun, sometime even funny.

Since every thing is happening on the same image, it is a really great feeling when you either keep running into the same character (what is up with him?) untill you have to figure out his case, or when you keep bumbing into the first murder vicitm you investigated.

Thank you santa :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes