Return to Dark Tower Review - Dredging up the Past

2022-07-19T16:48:17Z

3 Likes

This makes me glad I didn’t back this one. Always interesting to hear them be so mixed on a game though.

1 Like

I have a friend who plays a fair bit of the new Arkham Horror, and for all its admitted problems I think that’s simply a better-designed game. I suspect starting from a decent game probably helped a lot, even if I’m not generally a fan of FFG’s version of defeating the Mythos by punching it in the face.

1 Like

Somehow I was never tempted by this. I do not have any nostalgia for any of those “big in the 80s” games because back then my parents bought SdJ (and a few similar games) and that was it. And by the late 90s, I was joining up with more hobbyist gamers but I was playing more RPGs at the time and that’s where my nostalgia goes (I am eagerly awaiting the reprint for both Blue Planet and Exalted Essence)

3 Likes

I got the Kickstarter with the expansion. So far I’ve only played the base game with the youngest who’s 5. I can completely agree with all the criticism in this video but…

The gimmick and relatively simple decisions seems to have captured their imagination. And I’m enjoying playing something that isn’t a dexterity, dice or card game with them.

2 Likes