Remembering MinuteWalt

Welcome back, webs!

2 Likes

I do miss having Justin around, and I think I must have joined the old forum too late to have experienced any socks pranks… May I ask for some context? :slight_smile:

5 Likes

Always good to see you @the_original_webs !

I believe the sock prank was Justin’s reaction to threads about everyone’s watches.

6 Likes

Justin arranged an annual good humoured ‘sock bomb’ of @Boydesian 's watch thread around Christmas time, messaging a few people to co-ordinate sending in pictures of their lovely socks.

8 Likes

That he did. :slightly_smiling_face:

Before he did that, I had no idea how many of you wear wacky socks on a regular basis!

10 Likes

One year ago today, though we didn’t know it at the time, we lost a friend. Despite never meeting in real life, I feel confident in saying that Justin was my friend, and I am sure many of you feel the same.

He was always welcoming to new forum members, always had a kind word when someone needed it, and was just overall a wonderful person from everything I ever saw of him. He loved a “good” Dad joke, started or inspired a number of silly forum games, knew far too much about optometry, and would “ban” people for horrible jokes and puns (no one was really banned). I always enjoyed it if I could post something that made him post a :man_facepalming: emoji, once calling it a “little feeling of victory”.

I am glad his pain is over, something I don’t think any of us ever knew about, as he certainly did not let it show in his online demeanor. But still, I miss my friend. If I can only be even half as welcoming and helpful to others in this life as I perceived him to be, well then that would be a life well lived, I think.

So here’s to Justin! :tumbler_glass: We may not have met up in this life, but there’s always the next one.

Meanwhile, in his honor, I am going to start up a couple of the old forum games he inspired, because we can use a little more silly fun in our lives.

25 Likes

:tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass: :tumbler_glass:

6 Likes

Thanks, @COMaestro and @RossM!
I’m glad the forum is still alive and going strong!
Hope I’ll be able to visit here more often, as soon as it’s possible to meet and play again.

And I’m sure Justin will be remembered fondly here and by everyone he has touched with his humanity for a long time.

13 Likes

:tumbler_glass: Raise a glass!

12 Likes

:beer: To Justin!

8 Likes

So say we all!

8 Likes

:beers: Iachyd da!

7 Likes

Always remembered with a smile

7 Likes

It’s may be a cup of tea, but it’s being raised.

7 Likes

He was a great guy! Missed by all of us :beer:

6 Likes

Gone, but never forgotten! :tumbler_glass:

16 Likes

Time flies by, three years already. One for Justin :beers:

10 Likes

Gosh, has it been already? I remember I was just about getting to drop around more often into the old forums (so had been nosing around for around 3-6 months, dropping the odd comment here and there), and I had my mind blown with the response from all the locals.

May he rest in peace.

9 Likes

And another year has gone by.
Without Justin welcoming me to the old forums, I wouldn’t be part of this community and I am grateful I am here. :tumbler_glass:

(my daily diary reminded me that we found out on Friday the March 20 in 2020, I don’t know the actual date)

15 Likes

:tropical_drink: Here’s to you Justin!

10 Likes