Prime time adventures: the writers' room

For the time being we can still steal replacements from other languages that wander into back alleys.

1 Like

Hai, so desu yo.

(I have discovered a truly appropriate reply, but this comment space is too large to contain it.)

AN ANNOUNCEMENT!

Having got one last thing cleared up, I can now say that the top three choices were:

Third is FIVE CHILDREN AND THEM with ten points.

Second is KUNMING BREW with eleven points.

First is LONDON NW with twelve points.

Are people happy to go with that?

If so then the next thing to do is to appoint a Producer (Roger would you be happy to do that?)

And after that we start proposing characters we would like to play

I should add that a whole lot of proposals got some love out of this and there were two that were someoneā€™s first choices that didnā€™t make the final three: My EUPHRANIA and Rogerā€™s LONGEST FALL.

1 Like

Iā€™m happy to give Producing a go, though my intention is to use a fairly light hand.

My plan, as I originally suggested when we first talked about this, is to have some procedural components (which, in the manner of traditional GMing, are Mine and you lot donā€™t get to invent stuff about them) and some interpersonal components for which invention is welcome. Iā€™ll try to be reasonably clear about when invention is disallowed.

2 Likes

One of those is the calendar, presumably? My best guess is that the calendar and its relationship to historical events in the war is somewhat vague, but some idea of the start point would help.

ā€œEarly days of the Blitzā€.

My secondary role-playing exercise here is the struggle between the researchers who want to get things right and the production staff who want to make popular television.

Could an example of this be that the starting point of the show is after the Dunkirk evacuation. Night and terror bombing is already occurring rather than Luftwaffe attacks on fighter command. Churchill is not yet Prime Minister. These because the production staff want to conflate the drama of ā€œthe fewā€ speech with the drama of leadership change while the cast listen to a radio early in the morning around a bomb crater after fighting a fire overnight.

Iā€™m actually cringing having typed that but I keep reminding myself conflation eventually becomes fun as in Diana Warrior Princess but this is kind of the wrong side of the uncanny valley of that for my researcher heart.

1 Like