Playin' Pirates & Knights in Libertalia and Oltree!

2022-12-02T23:51:44Z

In this voyage of a Shut Up & Sit Down Podcast, Ava and Matt are sailing the high... skies... with Libertalia: Winds of Galecrest, and saving a small French town from disaster in Oltree. We've got pirates, we've got knights, and we've got more disagreements than you might expect on this dandy little pod. Enjoy!

Have a great weekend, everybody!

Tap below for timestamps and more info!

Timestamps:

01:50 - Libertalia: Winds of Galecrest

25:19 - Oltree

The discussion around Libertalia was really interesting to me. It seems like the little splinters and roughness of the original, having been smoothed out, seemed to have created a less interesting game (I think Ava was sort of in agreement, even if it meant getting the game enjoyed by people was far less fussy). I wonder though what process could Stonemeier have gone through to “re-do” libertalia without falling into some of these traps? My own sensibility is to agree with them to look at rough edges and smooth them out but sometimes its hard to grasp if the love comes from those rough edges.

It makes me slightly interested to see how they’ll feel about the new RA, whether moving it from an Indiana Jones Aesthetic to a more garish aesthetic is something that causes a problem but also maybe some other smoothings cause a problem too.

I also wonder whether there’ll ever be a remake that adds more roughness and elbows. I feel like if anyone will do it it would be Cole Werhle - not just because it feels like John Company 2 might do this but I think its in their spirit to not be too bothered about certain things that could be objectively be called problems but are in fact add texture.

1 Like