Photos of our Christmas trees

As is traditional, I sneaked off into the forest and snaffled a casuarina from beside the railway line. Now my sister is trying to convince it that it is a pine tree:

12 Likes

It’s an evergreen, close enough.

3 Likes

ours is traditionally bought … and themed in red with a smattering of plain wooden ornaments from a German region famous for its woodworking (Erzgebirge)

8 Likes

All artificial at my home.

Tree 1 with family ornaments:

Tree 2 decorated during school time ad hoc:

Tree 3 for cats:

9 Likes

No tree here this year because of laziness + cat, but this was my tree when I lived alone in a tiny one-bedroom flat:

14 Likes

Yeah, we don’t do classy!!

5 Likes

Excellent selection of books there

4 Likes

For the first time, we are rocking the double-tree this year. The smaller of the two has been our only tree since 2012 but this year is relegated to the foyer

And we bought a new, bigger tree this year to fit the new, bigger house

5 Likes

Just want to say I love all your different trees :slight_smile: It’s a good idea to share these.

2 Likes

So to keep the Christmas spirit alive. Here is our artificial tree.

We used to have a classier real affair but now the two kids get to help decorate it so it’s cluttered with ducks and carrots, and probably a whole lot better for it.

3 Likes

You can see how the lower boughs have been artistically bent by the numerous times the tree has been knocked over by our kids, either accidentally or in a fit of pique. You can make out Puss-in-Boots at the top, although he is turned away a bit.

The lack of presents, while it could be justified by how much our kids misbehave (oh, they would get all the coal), is because they would open all of them the moment our backs were turned. In fact, I had wrapped a empty box a week or so ago, and our older kid was trying to be all sweet and loving in a effort to have my wife let him open it. Rather proud of his restraint. So, of course, when she took him to lay down for a nap, his younger brother, who used to not open presents unless he was repeatedly encouraged to, opened it. Ignored the box, just tore off the wrapping paper.

Edit: Oh, and half of the top strand of lights just up and died last week, which is why it is so dark. I do not have replacement bulbs that fit, so dark it shall remain for now.

5 Likes

Only a pine tree would have so many pineapples growing on it! Can’t argue with the facts!

5 Likes

It is still protesting feebly, but logic is logic!

4 Likes

We now have a tree, which will have to be carefully supervised when the cat is around…

7 Likes

There is a distinct plotting look going on there.

5 Likes

My dad’s “tree”

6 Likes

My parents had a metal thing like that. I was obsessed with it when it was little.

They must have been given it by the German family they did a teacher exchange with. Is that a Germany wide thing, or region specific? The family lived near Kõln

2 Likes

I have no idea what it is other than seeing things like it in National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

2 Likes

I was just looking for a gif of it falling apart from Christmas Vacation, but can’t find one!

2 Likes

I’ve only had to extract her once so far…

3 Likes