PBF: Orbital: Reticular Observation Node Lamba-11

@Scribbs what rumour did Otto hear about Einar yesterday?

2 Likes

(Inkjet is a great name.)

1 Like

As far as I can see we need the following to move on:

@Scribbs needs to answer the bond question from @RossM “what rumour did Otto hear about Einar yesterday?”

And both Scribbs and Ross should create 2 minor characters.

RESIDENTS

Next, you’ll each create two Minor Characters to fill the Station with life. Choose two
residents from your sheet, announcing them to the table. The provided descriptions
are brief, so you’ll probably want to explain who they are and how you’re connected.
It can be fun to combine residents with other players too, so your “beautiful spacer I
told everything to” might be another player’s “perfect employee that I just can’t
stand”.

Record your resident’s names and pronouns on the Station sheet.

2 Likes

And whilst my artistic ability is low, I did do this attempt at a map. Which we could use to fill in and as aide memoire.

2 Likes

As long as you are happy continuing.

2 Likes

(Lovely. I’ll get this cranked out tomorrow.)

1 Like

Thanks for the nudge.

The rumour Otto heard is that Einar has wirked out the real reason why there’s a League Cruiser docked at the station, and it has nothing to do with the ‘battle damage’ visible across it’s hull.

2 Likes

So to note @RossM and @Scribbs you still have residents to create (and share) and insights to note that will affect you (which don’t need to be shared at this point).

But that notwithstanding, we can Start to Play. (Again if you are happy continuing).

OPENING SHOTS

After creating your Station, Aspects and Characters, you’re ready to play. In the first
round, each player will narrate a minor scene.

This serves two purposes. Firstly, to show your Character in their everyday routine.
You should remind everyone who you are, what you look like and what ‘normal’
means to you.

Secondly, you’ll choose an Insight from your Character sheet and link it to one of the
Threats facing your Station. Use the prompt in your narration. This will entangle your
Character in the story, making it easier to bring you all together and get things
going.

As a reminder, a minor scene is:

NARRATE A MINOR SCENE

Catch a breath.

WHAT IS A MINOR SCENE?

Minor scenes provide space to add depth to your Character and bring the Station’s
quieter parts into focus through solo narration. They can be about your Character’s
daily life, interactions with a Minor Character or reaction to something that just
happened.

TELL YOUR STORY

In a minor scene, you give a short description of your Character to the table.
Consider where they are, what they’re doing, what their surroundings are like, what
just happened and how they’re feeling.
You’ll usually narrate in the third person, as in “they take a long walk around the
station hallways…” If you want to interact with a Minor Character, ask someone
else to play them.
You can use Moves as usual, though some are more suited to a major scene’s
dramatic interactions.
Other players can also pick up Aspects during your minor scene if the story requires
it. Usually, though, it’ll just be you on your own.

SCENE IDEAS

• Normal life. What is your typical routine?
• Making preparations. How are you getting ready?
• Visiting a contact. What do you need?
• Talking with a friend. What will you share?
• A moment of rest. How do you wind down?

GPK shrugged himself awake. The brown smogs of Region 17 Angstrom made it hard to differentiate the precise time of day through the stained glass, but his digital alarm was insistent. The aim today - just like any day - to see who he could recruit to the cause. The Skull and Roses was worth another visit, he thought - plenty of potential fishstix in the stimpond there… But first a visit to the Kitchen Zone to see what he could pick up for Einar later - he valued what the grizzled old harbourmaster had to say.

It was when he reached the Kitchen Zone that things started to feel odd. As he sneaked in to grab things from under the nose of Inkjet Mackay he saw Gadfly. She, too, was scavenging for food, but in a slightly bolder way, as if asking for Mackay to notice her. GPK recognised the brazen malice in her eye. He beckoned her over.

“What are you doing?” he asked.

“Looking for a fight. Nothing new”

“Not here with Inkjet though. Why take the risk today?”

“It’s the warship - don’t you know? The wounded one.”

“I heard.”

“But what you didn’t hear was that there was a secret! And it all has to do with kid who was killed - The Mornington boy. And you know what that means?”

“What?”

“When it all goes down they will root us out, blame us. Might as well act now when we can.”

The exchange stayed with GPK as he worked through the day. Unable to drive much inspiration as Otto served them drinks, and he just passed the eel pie to Einar without comment and wandered on in his thought. Was Gadfly right? Was the time for action now? Or had it already passed and now the only fate was inevitable?

My two residents
Einar spends a few afternoons trading tales and sharing a pot of tea with Armilly Ledsworth, retired chief engineer from an industrial shipyard. She has an eye for the shape and design of space-craft, and ideally passes time with Einar looking at the various craft docked at the station.

Embedded in the rear wall of the Port Authority is an old mural, showing an interstellar map of the region around the Station, with planets and other objects picked out in gems and precious metals. Einar is drawn by the routes and the thought of travel and exploration whispers to him.

(Apologies for being slow in responding)

1 Like

Riker stands behind the bar of the Skull and Roses polishing a glass and staring at the game that is played. Otto knows that anything he hears will soon be sold onto others, but everyone knows that, which makes him an asset at time.

And the margaritas are amazing.

Otto sips delicately on his drink, before pressing a button on the desk.

A strange whistling sound emanates, and then a gentle female voice speaks. “Yes Otto?” There is a hint of a French Accent.

“Antoinette. Place an order for more Ice.”

Otto smiles. This Ghost is always watching over him.

1 Like

[Still awaiting an initial minor scene from @Scribbs ]

Apparently it has been almost two months since I failed to respond to this - huge apologies.
Time has just disappeared, and it horrifies me that it has been so long.

The last couple of months have been extremely busy and exhausting, and I either couldn’t find the time, or was too mentally fatigued to post.

Sad to say I can’t see things quietening down for the moment, so I’m afraid that I’ll continue to be a stalling point in progressing this game. Which is a shame, as there was an interesting kernel of a story developing.

3 Likes

Take care and hope to see you back when you are ready!

1 Like

Thanks @Scribbs happy to freeze as it is.

1 Like