“Oy!” “Wut?” Just chat (The Return of)

Spiel has not been canceled yet… Tickets available from August…
It also looks as if the metal festival we were going to go to last year is happening with a very similar and equally great lineup.

(Oktoberfest is canceled though)

6 Likes

I find it unlikely in the extreme that it’ll happen. But I can get a full refund on my hotel room until the week of the event.

3 Likes

are there enough games to have a “Poorly explained game” guessing thread analog to movies?

f. e. “trading legumes with your neighbors”
or “meadow occupation competition”

2 Likes

I think so!

2 Likes

Go for it! Topics are cheap, I get them recycled from a bloke down the market.

8 Likes

I made it… eventually even in the right category but that teaches me to not start new threads on my phone.

Poorly Explained Games.

1 Like

Back In The Day a friend of mine had been annoyed by their printer rep, so he wrote a PostScript program which would make the Very Expensive Printer rotate everything 1° clockwise, thus making it look as if the thing were misfeeding paper. Much head-scratching, and eventually the bloke went for a break. At which point my mate swapped it so that it would rotate everything 1° anticlockwise…

4 Likes

“Reiner Knizia counted to infinity twice.”

Lovely list of facts.

3 Likes

Is Reiner Knizia the Chuck Norris of boardgaming?

4 Likes

Obviously, he can parallel park a train.

3 Likes

For all you mothers out there, Happy Mother’s Day!

And if you are in a country where it’s not celebrated today… Well, Happy Day anyway!

8 Likes

The annual day of anyone in the UK with American friends panicking and then realising ours was over a month ago.

10 Likes

After living for 16 years in the UK (where I believe it was in March) now I am in NZ where they celebrate it the second Sunday in May. Back in Spain, it was always the first Sunday in May…

These days, I just wait for my daughters to tell me or the cards stands to appear on the shops. It is hard to keep track.

5 Likes

And multi-track drifting

DenshaDeD_ch01p16-17

6 Likes

Some of you may remember my disappointment about receiving an incomplete copy of Gingkopolis and my attempts to get replacements.

• contacting Pearl Games led to them pointing at Asmodee
  • Asmodee Germany said this was not something they would handle
  • Asmodee France whom I wrote to in my faulty French didn’t even answer

I will think three times (I was already at thinking twice) about buying games from any of their subsidiaries in the future (if I am aware of course).

However the shop I bought this from in Belgium, despite initially receiving the same answers from both Pearl and Asmodee, came through for me:

I now have a complete copy of the game no thanks to the publisher.

edit: the shop support told me they ended up being directed to the printer (located in Germany) for the parts.

9 Likes

Good old Belgium!

3 Likes

I have only ever visited one time… it was for a festival.

2 Likes

Really odd that the game is printed in Germany and distributed by a German company, but yet isn’t listed at any German OGS. If been looking for this game ever since the reprint was announced, but no luck. It seems to be available everywhere else in Europe though…

1 Like

Is there a return policy?

Asmodee’s malarkey here discouraged me from buying their stuff from store. At least BGG users cant just point to Asmodee if their game is incomplete.

2 Likes

I could have returned the game I am reasonably sure, that’s a European law afaik. However, it would have been a hassle for both me and the shop and the shop indicated pretty quickly that they were going to get the parts for me–it just took its sweet time for it to be mailed around…

2 Likes