“Oy!” “Wut?” Just chat (The Return of)

I have postpone building a pc when my flatmate said that he’s struggling to get a graphics card. So I noped out on that for now

It’s them crypto-miners. It’s always them!! :triumph::triumph::triumph:

1 Like

Not really this time. There is a general hardware shortage for all kinds of microchips.

It is so bad that German car manufacturers are shutting down their factories now when they wouldn’t do it because of the third covid wave.

The thing that is most easily available are package deals right now. Either buying a gaming laptop or some kind of hardware bundle.

Buying by the component is not a good idea.

1 Like

Ah I see. I went for a laptop, which is enough to meet my needs

2 Likes

The last vestige of my bachelor lifestyle has gone: I sold my motorcycle.

I bought it 12 years ago, probably rode it about 12 times; nothing more recently than 8 years ago. Have been paying $75/yr to insure it and ~$60/yr in property taxes on it.

Sad to see it go (as a symbol of my former lifestyle with far fewer responsibilities), but glad to not have it taking up space in my garage.

8 Likes

Innit! You need space for Roads & Boats

7 Likes

7 posts were merged into an existing topic: Boardgame and collection stats

I was sad to see our bikes go too, but that was at the end of a 3 month camping tour from Hokkaido (North Japan) to Okinawa (South Japan islands); it was getting too cold to ride back, and we were going to leave the country for a year or more, so the decision was an easier one!

Got hardly any money for them though.

We (well, H does) still talk about buying another sometimes…

2 Likes

Spare our blushes!

Spiel has not been canceled yet… Tickets available from August…
It also looks as if the metal festival we were going to go to last year is happening with a very similar and equally great lineup.

(Oktoberfest is canceled though)

6 Likes

I find it unlikely in the extreme that it’ll happen. But I can get a full refund on my hotel room until the week of the event.

3 Likes

are there enough games to have a “Poorly explained game” guessing thread analog to movies?

f. e. “trading legumes with your neighbors”
or “meadow occupation competition”

2 Likes

I think so!

2 Likes

Go for it! Topics are cheap, I get them recycled from a bloke down the market.

8 Likes

I made it… eventually even in the right category but that teaches me to not start new threads on my phone.

Poorly Explained Games.

1 Like

Back In The Day a friend of mine had been annoyed by their printer rep, so he wrote a PostScript program which would make the Very Expensive Printer rotate everything 1° clockwise, thus making it look as if the thing were misfeeding paper. Much head-scratching, and eventually the bloke went for a break. At which point my mate swapped it so that it would rotate everything 1° anticlockwise…

4 Likes

“Reiner Knizia counted to infinity twice.”

Lovely list of facts.

3 Likes

Is Reiner Knizia the Chuck Norris of boardgaming?

4 Likes

Obviously, he can parallel park a train.

3 Likes

For all you mothers out there, Happy Mother’s Day!

And if you are in a country where it’s not celebrated today… Well, Happy Day anyway!

8 Likes

The annual day of anyone in the UK with American friends panicking and then realising ours was over a month ago.

10 Likes