“Oy!” “Wut?” Just chat (The Return of)

Sitting down to start work today I could hear what sounded like a very close by helicopter.

As I looked out the window I saw two Chinooks flying over very low. Appears as if they were on their way to Luton looking at an aircraft tracker.

An hour later they flew over again (not quite as close this time) and now appear to be over High Wycombe on their way South.

Ah, this explains it:

2 Likes

Yeah, one of them woke me up (east of HIgh Wycombe) on its way north earlier. Very distinctive noise.

Still, we had the Lancaster directly overhead on Saturday, so it’s not all bad.

2 Likes

Looks like they’re on their way back to Chequers.

Edit: I was driving towards Luton as I heard them heading over to the airport. Few too many trees for me to see them.

1 Like

Literally, snail-mail? I mean UK → Germany… … …

3 Likes

37 posts were split to a new topic: The Social Internet and its dramatic stories

So 1848: Australia is just above £35 at 365 games. Resisting so far…

2 Likes

1848 Australia for £35? That’s less than £0.02 per Australia!

12 Likes

I’m not sure if that’s a bargain or a ripoff.

2 Likes

It’s working! It’s working!

13 Likes

I’m sure he’s crying into his millions

2 Likes

Finally saw my favourite musical in the world (which I hadn’t seen live) Tim Minchin’s Groundhog Day! So, so good. Very funny, brutally dark in places, Minchin is of course a genius.

9 Likes

Finally!

(It hasn’t rained for a month)

7 Likes

To those at the upper half of the globe: Happy Summer Solstice. Y’all have a good Summer

10 Likes

Hey peeps I have taken the liberty of moving all that reddit and mastodon discussion to a dedicated thread :slight_smile: To a) preserve it and b) encourage further discussion.

10 Likes

A neighbor posted some shelves on our neighbor bulletin board site, so I went over to take a look. Nice shelves… not great, but better than what you find at IKEA or big box stores. I bought the set of three for $75.

But then they threw in a 70" TV. Was not expecting that. Hopefully it’s a decent TV and I can put it on the wall in the basement, because otherwise I have no idea what I’m going to do with it. It’s 10 years old based on the product number, but it seemed to be well-regarded by critics at the time.

Also, it has a glass panel, so it weighs nearly 100lbs (~45kg). Quite a beast to move.

6 Likes

Probably why they foisted it on you….

4 Likes

Sliced N Diced in Birmingham is for sale! You could own a board game café for a mere £50,000!

But… SLICED N DICED LTD overview - Find and update company information - GOV.UK y/e July 2022 the business had a net value of minus 14 grand.

5 Likes

By Silicon Valley accounting that’s a substantial profit.

5 Likes

Only if you’re trying to bring in a second round of venture capitalists, because owing the first lot your kidneys wasn’t exciting enough for you.

4 Likes