Ought I to change the name "Flat Black"?

A Throng of Human Worlds?

The Human Achievement?

They’re mostly Douay–Rheims types. Challoner edition probably, but I have never asked.

Perhaps some sort of allusion to the Book of Ruth or Exodus?

This void bedecked with festoon life?

1 Like

Does the word “forlorn” seem more apposite than “orphan”?

Turba Mundorum, if only Latin were not ineffably pretentious when used by people who don’t actually know it.

1 Like

“Verse”.

Sed ut perspiciatis, unde omnis iste natus error sit voluptatem accusantium doloremque laudantium, totam rem aperiam eaque ipsa, quae ab illo inventore veritatis et quasi architecto beatae vitae dicta sunt, explicabo. Nemo enim ipsam voluptatem, quia voluptas sit, aspernatur aut odit aut fugit, sed quia consequuntur magni dolores eos, qui ratione voluptatem sequi nesciunt, neque porro quisquam est, qui dolorem ipsum, quia dolor sit amet consectetur adipisci[ng]velit, sed quia non-numquam [do] eius modi tempora inci[di]dunt, ut labore et dolore magnam aliquam quaerat voluptatem. Ut enim ad minima veniam, quis nostrum[d] exercitationem ullam corporis suscipitlaboriosam, nisi ut aliquid ex ea commodi consequatur? Quis autem vel eum iure reprehenderit, qui inea voluptate velit esse, quam nihil molestiae consequatur, vel illum, qui dolorem eum fugiat, quo voluptas nulla pariatur?

I take “orphan” to be a factual statement, but “forlorn” to be the expression of a mood of sorrow and loss. I don’t really think of stars or solar systems as filled with emotion.

1 Like

And “forsaken” would imply that the colonies were no longer inhabited.