One Shot RPG advice please

I have played in some quite successful one shots using the “Powered By The Apocalypse” engine - (Apocalypse World/Dungeon World) in various settings.

1 Like

Thanks everyone

Having run these options past the group, Mothership is the one that they want to play.

@RossM is it easy to run?

1 Like

Paranoia is good for one-shots. Not the easiest system tho

2 Likes

D10s is all you really need.

Character sheets show you how you generate a character on them. I think reference is a one page sheet as

1 Like

Getting there.

I’ve got the Mothership Player’s Guide pdf now. I thought a scenario was going to be included. If I want to have something that is ready to play (this will be my first GM experience), do I buy one of the books (eg Haunting of Ypsilon 14)?

2 Likes

Yep!

Don’t just make up one that’s themed around the 12 day of Christmas.

2 Likes

Lady Blackbird
Beautifully written and laid out.
Runs itself…
http://www.onesevendesign.com/ladyblackbird/

2 Likes

Lady Blackbird does indeed feature John Harper’s signature clean design style and I also thought of it however I’ve always had my delicate sensibilities jangled by the use of the name of Jimmy Carter’s secretary of state as the captain, Cyrus Vance is the Captain of the ship. Does anyone happen to have any idea of why he did this? It’s not a thing he’s repeated in any of his other games.

Who? Oh I googled it. As a Brit who has studied US history a lot, I just didn’t notice!

Here’s a good set of resources inside a good blog on the subject from Guy Milner.

2 Likes

Veggie Patch. Odd, simple and you may actually want to run it again.