Oath PBF companion thread, for rules questions and the like

I will go through them in a min, I was looking at the phone already in bed when I saw your post.

2 Likes

OK, this, you do not have to do. You rule the rocky coast, so you can use the power there without moving to it.

You also can (and probably should) always use a spare secret on Spirit Snare before ending your turn.

1 Like

Oh, oh, let me edit then

For clarity, neither of these actions are Trade actions, no Supply is spent. You can use the minor action powers on those cards because you rule them.

Yes, I suppose I should not say trade as an action but exchange, sorry.

Sorry, I’m going to butt in again. An unspent Secret is almost certainly a waste. At worst you can nearly always get a Favor for it, especially early in the game.

Can I spend it on the same site more than once?

In that case I would repeat the Spirit Snare and take one more favour from the far right pile.

No, you cannot use a card that has a currency on it (battleplans are an exception).

You can Trade 1 Secret for 1 Favor at your Site (potentially more, if you have a matching adviser).

Sorry, too much interference? Resting is also fine also if you don’t like the 1 supply for 1 favor trade rate, let me know if you want to stick with that. I just wanted to point out that Secrets come back to you as long as they aren’t burned, while Favor does not.

Not too much interfering, quite the opposite, I am appreciating a lot your help, Benkyo. One thing is to get to see how the game plays and another how it tweaks.

So yes, I will swap the secret for favour.

OK, so post exactly what you are doing in main thread. Which card are you Trading with? It matters, because you deplete that bank.

Considering the actor troupe can play as to different suits… or I cannot use my adviser?

Trade, major action, 1 supply:
Pay 1 secret to a denizen at your site, gain 1 Favor + 1 Favor per matching face-up adviser.
Or
Pay 2 favor to a denizen at your site, gain 0 Secrets + 1 Secret per matching face-up adviser.

I think I will go for option A, I would rather have favour right now. So if I trade the Acting Troup from my advisers with the Welcoming party, do I get an extra favour from Home suit. And the initial favour from either Fox or Square suit?

No: the welcoming party is Hearth, so trading with the welcoming party can only get you Hearth Favor. You have no Hearth advisers, and in any case there’s only 1 Favor left in the Hearth bank, so you would get that 1 Favor.

“Matching” means matching the suit of the card you Trade with. Acting Troupe are great for their flexibility, but they can’t automatically get you +1 arcane/beast/order on every Trade, only on Trade with arcane/beast/order.

1 Like

6 dice vs 1 die + 1 bandit. You can add other bandit sites as targets if you wish.

The best outcome for defence is 3, the worst outcome for attack is 3 + 1 sacrifice, so you are guaranteed to win. The odds aren’t bad for 2 sites either, the risk is in not having 2 warbands left to take both.

You must declare battle plan use before rolling, so if Second Wind is part of your plan, you have to pay up-front.

I thought this was one I did after I won? In any case, yes I obviously plan to use it

No, there are no battle plans or campaign modifiers that can be declared after you win.

I updated my post to reflect that I am using it. I mean I am not going to lose this battle. I do not plan to attack other sites. There is only the Mine and that is not attractive to rule because it is so dark, I cannot even see the Black meeple on there.

(There is also the Salt Flats)