Mysterium PBF 1

Get me. Still don’t know how I got through the previous round …

2 Likes

That was round 7, so people who finished (DJCT and COMaestro) get 2 bonus points.

Round 8:

colour player step guess tokens here tokens reserve points
white RogerBW story ✗✗✗ 8
black Whistle_Pig story ✓✓✓✗✗✗ 2
red DJCT ✗✗✗ 8
purple Lordof1 ✗✗✗ 11
yellow Captbnut story ✗✗ 10
blue COMaestro ✗✗✗ 9

@RogerBW

@Whistle_Pig

@Captbnut

I miss my knocks.

2 Likes

So some of us have last-time clues as well…

RogerBW: I thought conspiracy board (now gone) or poisoning (now gone) or attic (guessed wrong) or burial. It could still be that, but the bathtub seems to point more to the boat capsizing, which could also be fragmentation and cup.

Whistle_Pig

I’m getting a whole knights and castles and storybooks feel which doesn’t seem to match any of the possibilities. The conversation in the attic?

Captbnut

The planks and rope make me think of the capsize. Court → headsman’s axe maybe but it’s a stretch.

I’m none the wiser, thinking attic on feel but nothing better

I’m not any wiser either and I’m not judging but I’m going to be tactical and put ‘wrong’ on all the guesses this round as I don’t have any correct ones left and we’re near the end.

2 Likes

My thoughts.

RogerBW

I agree that the capsized boat looks like the best option.

Captbnut

Attic is definitely a possibility. I also think the graveyard has potential. The trapdoor would represent the grave, the axes bring death, and the eyes on this card feel like they match the eyes on the gravedigger in their menacing appearance. Also, the lighting is very similar on both cards. So if it’s not the attic, and barring something more obvious in the next dream card, I’d go graveyard next time.

Whistle_Pig

Feeling either the courtroom or the racetrack. The wand/rod/whatever in the new dream card gives me a feeling of scales, like the scales of justice, which maybe the knight was meant to represent on the first card.

As for the racetrack, a horse was in the first dream card, and horses are also raced at a track. And something about the book in the new dream makes me think of betting. Visiting your bookie to make a bet, I guess.

Of course, I’ve gotten plenty of these wrong myself, so no certainty should be implied in any of these guesses. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I like your thinking, more reasoned than mine

1 Like

To be fair, the attic works really well too. The trapdoor in the dream card matches the one in the attic, the axes are kind of slanted like the eaves of the roof, and the eyes are still creepy in both. So really, it could be either :man_shrugging:

“Wrong” on Captbnut and Whistle_Pig from me, for the same reasons.

@COMaestro and others - I agree this clue definitely seems to point to the boat, but can you reconcile that with my first story clue back in Mysterium PBF 1 - #203 by RossM ?

Ah, I had started a post, and then deleted it and didn’t put back my one key point when I made the new one.

The top of the chest resembles the capsized boat. But that’s really the only similarity I see.

And I will put a wrong token on all three guesses this round.

1 Like

I’m going to say attic and put wrong tokens on the other 2 for the same reasons

Roger

The upturned boat - bathtub

Whistlepig

The courtroom - sword of justice, legal book

Captbnut

The gravedigger. - death and axes, the only inevitability

Regardless, to consider in gamesmanship terms, three xxx on three guesses!

2 Likes

OK, I’ll go with the boat.

white RogerBW story capsize purple ✗ blue ✗ yellow ✗ red ✗ 8
black @Whistle_Pig story purple ✗ white ✗ blue ✗ yellow ✗ red ✗ ✓✓✓✗✗✗ 2
red DJCT 8
purple Lordof1 11
yellow Captbnut story attic purple ✗ white ✗ blue ✗ red ✗ 10
blue COMaestro 9

Note that the next round will be the last.

I haven’t got much of an idea… but I’ll go with the court room

1 Like

:ghost: I’ll post knocks in 12 hourrrrrrrs :ghost:

2 Likes
white RogerBW story capsize purple ✗ blue ✗ yellow ✗ red ✗ 8
black Whistle_Pig story court purple ✗ white ✗ blue ✗ yellow ✗ red ✗ ✓✓✓✗✗✗ 2
red DJCT 8
purple Lordof1 11
yellow Captbnut story attic purple ✗ white ✗ blue ✗ red ✗ 10
blue COMaestro 9

Can I confirm that if the three of us still going don’t make it then we all lose?

Yes, by the strict rules, bearing in mind we have one more round after this one.

In practice whenever I’m playing I always go on to the final step anyway.

2 Likes