Innovation tournament recruitment

Maybe the first match just completed?

Can you link the tournament page somewhere? I can’t find it on BGA.

EDIT: Found it, and looks like Captbnut and kateind also finished their game.

Yep, that was on the sofa just after Cyclades

This of course happened against @Benkyo - for a first game the fact that I got some points was good, the feeling that I was in the lead until a mid-game turnaround less so.

Note I may never have been in the lead but at the very least I thought I was!

2 Likes

Wait it started already?

It was a very close game.

Why does the mobile phone UI for Innovation (only) not show a log? It’s making playing 4 games simultaneously impossible for me.

1 Like

Did you not get a notification of the invitation?

Nope :frowning:

Got it. It’s buried somewhere

Just got ground into the dust by @mr.ister at yet another game.

I never lose by a small amount in Innovation

1 Like

I just lost a very close game after failing Physics 4 times, and Empiricism 5(!) times.

2 Likes

The maddest game of Innovation since last time:

I was still stuck in age 2(!) as Captbnut catapulted up to age 9 with some Mathematics pulling ever-faster acceleration cards, culminating in Evolution to draw and place Satellites.

I melded and activated Road Building. Yes, my roads swapped for his Satellites. Medieval to Postmodern in one turn! The usual mad flurry of age 9 and 10 dogmas followed for a quick end.

Very odd. I was so busy teching up that I forgot to score any points.

We very nearly had an AI takeover too. I ended up with both AI and Robotics as top cards, and we missed AI being resolved by auto-dogma by one card draw.

If anyone else is experiencing the lack of log bug on mobile, please thumb the bug report on BGA. Apparently bugs are only investigated if they get thumbed enough (it’s currently only at 14 thumbs).

Innovation is confusing enough without having to guess at what your opponent did.

EDIT: Oh, I found a workaround - turn on auto-rotate, hold your phone horizontal. For some reason only the vertical orientation log is broken.

3 Likes

Who wants to play more Innovation? I just discovered I don’t need a paid account to start new games…

With 4 out of 5 tournament games down, I’ve again enough mental capacaties for another one!

1 Like

I was rubbish but happy to play again. I may watch a video first …

Congratulations to mrister on a perfect 5 for 5!

5 Likes

Thanks, that was a lot of fun!

2 Likes