How are you today?

I’ve known quite a few people finish a big project of whatever sort and then get a horrible cold…

4 Likes

Five hours, five hours
Five hours onward
All in the Valley of Commerce
Worked the Marc
“Sell, Marc! Charge for the games!” he said.
Into the Valley of Commerce
Worked Marc

Customer to the right of him
Customer to the left of him
Customer in front of him
Demanded and thundered
Screamed at with spit and sale
Boldly he worked, and well
Into the jaws of Death
Into the mouth of hell
Worked the Marc

15 Likes

Very much this! Either a cold or a massive spot. Hoping for a spot.

4 Likes

Rather astonishingly, we never lost power here, even as neighbourhoods around us did. We didn’t question our good fortune! A few dead trees and branches came tumbling down, but no damage. Also much, MUCH less ice than was expected.

The advent calendar kinda took a back seat though, since neither of us slept well/at all night before last, and today my wife wanted to work on some sewing projects for the Holidays. Those ladt two games (Bunny Kingdom and Bärenpark) might bave to wait a day or two, so as not to tax her back too much, but they WILL get played!

8 Likes

Oh. We had that last year. Sadly we didn’t get a gift receipt.

6 Likes

A post was merged into an existing topic: Recent Boardgames (Your Last Played Game Volume 2)

Wow, covid-19 is miserable, even after 4 vaccine shots.

13 Likes

I hope you all get well soon!

9 Likes

Headaches and sore throat overnight, but negative test today and I’m feeling much better. Phew!

10 Likes

Mom’s in the hospital with a diabetic coma. Got taken there in an ambulance, low pressure, breathing shallow but regular, pulse is good. On-boarded almost instantly. Dad’s on his way to be with her.

14 Likes

Best of luck to her!

3 Likes

Take care of yourself and your family.

3 Likes

So she’s got a severe case of pneumonia on top of things, which they found out at the hospital. She’s in a medically-induced coma at the moment, hooked up to about 8 bags and machines and stable. She’ll stay that way for a few days, likely a week.

She’s in good hands and she’s strong.

12 Likes

I hope she starts improving soon :crossed_fingers:

I also wish you considerably less medical drama in the New Year - you’ve had more than your fair share recently!

8 Likes

My parents’ gift to my husband

16 Likes

Fingers crossed she responds quickly.

3 Likes

Keep those fingers crossed, @Lordof1, the news is good!

She’s still under a respirator and under her medically-induced coma, but the amount of oxygen needed in the air they’re feeding her has gone down from 90 to 40%. That’s some SERIOUS improvement. Her lungs are clear and they’re starting to ween her off of some of the medicine used to fight off the infection because her body’s winning.

The respiratory distress (the really worrying bit, really) is still present, but it’s less.

Just a matter of time now. She’ll get through this.

21 Likes

Fantastic news! Thanks for keeping us updated.

3 Likes

Here’s some even better news:

Vitals are pretty much back to normal levels, the oxygen level in the air being pumped in the respirator is down to 30% (the standard/minimum) and, best of all, they’re starting to slowly bring her out of her coma. She’s not out of the woods yet and will likely remain hospitalized for a bit afterwards, but it’s REALLY headed in the right direction now!

22 Likes

Things are getting better and better. Most drugs have been stopped, except for some Tamiflu since they’ve detected Influenza A in her body. They’re also keeping some painkillers handy in case the tubes become uncomfortable as she wakes up (she’s still too deep to breathe reliably on her own), which should happen over the next 2-3 days (best guess). Hurray!

13 Likes